I have a Syncrowave 250 (ser no. JK596435) water cooled w/ foot pedal and have owned it since mid 80's w/o any problems until a year or so ago, the coolant hose sprung a leak while I was welding. I since then replaced the Power cable/coolant hoses that go to the torch. It seems to have worked for a few weeks but then it started having no arc whether remote "on" or "panel".
I didn't have much of a time to trouble shoot this problem since I had been diagnosed w/ prostate cancer and had to deal with it...
I since then moved to Arizona and am now finding time to trouble shoot the problem. I switched to stick the other day just to see if the stick side even works. The stick worked beautifully for about 15min then I turned it off.
I switched to tig but still no arc. I went back to stick and all of a sudden, as soon as I touch the rod to the metal, it shoots a strong arc that it pokes holes on a 1/8 thk square tubing like it was on a 300 amp setting. I tried adjusting the amperage to 4 and even dropping the arc control to "0" but that didn't change. It still shoots flames/arcs...and still no arc w/ the tig.
Any help trouble shooting this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.