Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Any online vendors sell an assortment package of 2 percent lanthanated?

Googled and Amazoned, but could not find. I'd like to try lanthanated in a few sizes but may not need bulk packs of single sizes.

Something like three or four each of 1/16, 3/32, and 1/8 in an assortment pack.

Have you ever tried www.arc-zone.com ? Bought mine from them.

Default Go on Ebay,

I bought a bunch from a Chinese seller on eBay, the store is called plasma cutter consumables, They are cheap, and they ship anywhere really fast. I was leery of buying Chinese low cost stuff, but i took a chance and have bought a bunch of stuff from them. Their 2% lanthanated are great. They got tig torch parts out the wazoo too and they are really good as well.
    I have a welding addiction

...the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask

http://www.usaweld.com/Tungsten-s/59.htm

You can buy these one at a time or packs of 10.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Try weldingcity.com. He has tungsten electrodes priced individually. You can order a selection to meet your needs. I have used his 2% Lanthanated tungestens. I found them quite good and very inexpensive compared to other sources.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by taylorkh View Post
    Try weldingcity.com. He has tungsten electrodes priced individually. You can order a selection to meet your needs. I have used his 2% Lanthanated tungestens. I found them quite good and very inexpensive compared to other sources.
    +1

I've had good experience with that vendor, both through ebay and directly. If you want individual tungstens, you'll need to deal directly with the weldingcity website.

Quote Originally Posted by frascati View Post
    Googled and Amazoned, but could not find. I'd like to try lanthanated in a few sizes but may not need bulk packs of single sizes.

Something like three or four each of 1/16, 3/32, and 1/8 in an assortment pack.
    Diamond Ground Products will ( or at least, used to) send you a sample package of whatever type you want to try.

Griff