Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have a H9AW and it is a really nice saw, traded it for a small railing job. I cut 1/4" x 2" flat bar steel to 20 pc bundles of 1 1/2" sq tubing 1/16" wall stainless steel. As long as I cut at a slow pace, I can cut almost perfectly at 9" wide. You just have to check your guides for accuracy. I just replaced all 8 of my guides for like $40. I have used it as my primary saw for 3 years now and I wouldn't trade it. The only downside is it is a swivel vise, would love if it was swivel head.

sorry for the delay in posting. I am still dealing with the cleanup from the storm this week. In response to the O.P. yes the saw cuts accurately. a 1 inch blade and correct adjustment of the guides should solve your issues. Send an email to clausing inc. and they will send you a pdf copy of the owners manual for free.

Default kalamazoo bandsaw ??

I installed the new 1" blade cuts straight now!

The only issue im having is knowing how and when to adjust the guides to the new blade. I set them to what i assume was right, no downward pressure on the blade !? I beleive once i find a manual, this question will be answered.

I will look on those 2 websites you guys gave me for the manual.

Surf- yes $900. I felt it was a fair price. I had nothing to compare it to but ebay, which is not always a good judge on all things.

Any chance i can get some pictures of you guys bandsaws? The previous owner replaced the pump and routed the hoses differently and also wired a new style switch. I would like to see how it was stock.

Heres my email if you guys are able to dskaggs20@yahoo.com

Thanks again for al the help

Quote Originally Posted by Jobpump53 View Post

The only issue im having is knowing how and when to adjust the guides to the new blade. I set them to what i assume was right, no downward pressure on the blade !? I believe once i find a manual, this question will be answered.

Try checking this site too http://bandsawblog.com/tuning-a-band-saw-for-re-sawing/ . Hope this would serve as your guide to adjust the guides of the blade.

Default setting the guides

The only issue im having is knowing how and when to adjust the guides to the new blade. I set them to what i assume was right, no downward pressure on the blade !? I believe once i find a manual, this question will be answered.

Try checking this site too http://bandsawblog.com/tuning-a-band-saw-for-re-sawing/ . Hope this would serve as your guide to adjust the guides of the blade.

The only issue im having is knowing how and when to adjust the guides to the new blade. I set them to what i assume was right, no downward pressure on the blade !? I beleive once i find a manual, this question will be answered.

I will look on those 2 websites you guys gave me for the manual.

Surf- yes $900. I felt it was a fair price. I had nothing to compare it to but ebay, which is not always a good judge on all things.

Any chance i can get some pictures of you guys bandsaws? The previous owner replaced the pump and routed the hoses differently and also wired a new style switch. I would like to see how it was stock.

Heres my email if you guys are able to dskaggs20@yahoo.com

Jobpump53

How do you often replace your guides?

To set your guides, the easiest way to start is spread out your guides out far enough to get an accurate 90 degree square on the fence and touch the blade. First adjust the guide closer to the fence because you don't want to pull the blade out of a straight alignment with the motor driven wheel. Then adjust the guide closer to the idler wheel to meet the square. Then clamp everything tight and try it. Also speed of cut determines squareness.

Default kalamazoo bandsaw ??

Surfside- i have not replaced yet. I just picked it up and im trying to get a handle in adjustments and operation.

Country metals- thank u i will look at it when i get home and give it a try.

Oh I see. In regards to your question when to replace the guides to the new blades, it will actually depend on the surface of the guides that is in contact with. All guides undergo friction that makes the surface of the guides that is in contact with to wear out . The space within the guide where the blade is held could widen also because of the friction made when the blade runs through. If your blade is cutting inaccurately and inefficiently and your blade is not moving freely , this could be a hint for you to replace the guides. There are also tendencies that the blade could break if the blade guides are well worn out.