Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default kalamazoo bandsaw ??

I have an opportunity to pick up a kalamazoo h9aw bandsaw great shape. For $900

Im looking for reviews on this or experiences with this saw.

What little bit i could find is, its usa made and commercial grade possibly late 80's saw. Parts still available.

Thx for anything

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Jobpump53 View Post
    I have an opportunity to pick up a kalamazoo h9aw bandsaw great shape. For $900

Im looking for reviews on this or experiences with this saw.

What little bit i could find is, its usa made and commercial grade possibly late 80's saw. Parts still available.

Thx for anything
    I dont know about the bandsaw but I have used other Kalamazoo equipment.
    All were well built.
    I personally have Kalamazoo 6" beltsander and it is excellent.

Griff

I have one from the early 80's. I bought it used for $500 from a machine shop next to me that went out of business. This saw is built like a tank. It has not let me down in the two years i have owned it. Parts are still available thruogh Clausing and other aftermarkets as well.

CD - how does your saw cut? This saw cuts at a slight angle i would gues approx. 1 degree angle.

I guess my question is- does your cut very accurate and true or is this the nature of horizontals? The seller says its always been this way

Thanks i appreciate the response.

We have a kalamazoo at our shop and that thing probably has 4,000 hours on it and it works great. They bought it used out of the paper about 15 years ago for $500 there has been many days where I run it 10 hours aday 1/2 wall tube or 3/4" 5by 5" angle with it. It never skips a beat we have the lennox blades work it and I can make about 400 cuts with one before it is dull or breaks. Does this one have the water cooler or any extra blades?
    Lincoln Vantage Kubota diesel 30 amp spool gun , Hobart 210 with spool gun, Thermal dynamic pak master 75, miller 304xmt all mobile all ready to go.

I have had 2 of those saws. The first was a small saw 8-10" flat bar. I used it from '65 to '89 then it went an other shop in Roseville.

The one I have now, I got used in '89 and it still works great.

The blades can be made to cut straight by the use of the rollers. They are on an ecentric.

The only draw back to the Kalamazoo is it only cuts angles one way. Therefor you have to rotate your iron to matching angles.

Good Luck,
    Bob
    Millermatic 252 w/30A
    Big Blue Air Pak
    Ellis 3000 Band Saw
    Trailblazer 302 Air Pak w/ Wireless Remote
    8-RC
    Dynasty 200 DX
    XMT 350 MPa w/S-74 MPa Plus
    Millermatic 211
    Passport Plus
    Spectrum 625 X-TREME
    Lincoln SA-200 Blue Tint Red Face '63
    2-Lincoln SA-200 Red Face '68
    SA-200 Black Face '59
    SA-200 Green Lite '84
    SA-200 Green Lite '80
    SA-200 Red Face '69
    SA-200 Red Face '66
    SA-200 Green Lite '81
    '70 Black Face Round Barrel

I ended up buying it. Its super clean and in great shape. It is liquid cooled with a new pump. It came with 7 blades some of different widths and teeth count ( need to do research on applications)

I paid $900 every thing i researched showed that was mid range on the price. ?.

I ended up buying it. Its super clean and in great shape. It is liquid cooled with a new pump. It came with 7 blades some of different widths and teeth count ( need to do research on applications)

Used machinery is more expensive out west where it is not as abundant. I think you got a fair deal on a clean machine.

You got the Kalamazoo for $900? The price is just right. You may want to check the bandsawmanuals.com . You can get free manuals for your Kalamazoo.

I have a H9AW and it is a really nice saw, traded it for a small railing job. I cut 1/4" x 2" flat bar steel to 20 pc bundles of 1 1/2" sq tubing 1/16" wall stainless steel. As long as I cut at a slow pace, I can cut almost perfectly at 9" wide. You just have to check your guides for accuracy. I just replaced all 8 of my guides for like $40. I have used it as my primary saw for 3 years now and I wouldn't trade it. The only downside is it is a swivel vise, would love if it was swivel head.