Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T1 Transformer

Default T1

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Crimping would be best, Never the less, its going to be one of those Not Economical to Repair units.
    What are the voltage outputs on the T1? What does the wire feed motor require to run?

I know what your trying to do though a standard transformer won't help, as the feeder runs off arc voltage.

Default T1 Transformer

I know what your trying to do though a standard transformer won't help, as the feeder runs off arc voltage.
    I tried to get on the web site given in the first couple of post on this forum but the site would not allow me access. Where can I purchase, at a reasonable price, a transformer. Also, what voltage test and where can I check to insure the T1 is defective.

Get your machine back, the break is obviously on the secondary side, so you should be able to see it, and simply repair it.

Default T1 Transformer

Get your machine back, the break is obviously on the secondary side, so you should be able to see it, and simply repair it.
    Thanks will proceed

Quote Originally Posted by eww View Post
    Thanks will proceed
    Got unit back from repair shop. Removed all covers, cannot see any physical damage to T1 or any of the wires or componants. When I took unit to shop the switch on the feed handle, when pressed would make the contacts just past the 120 volt source to make contact but quickley release and would do that a couple of times before stopping. The switch when checked at the entry to the front of unit makes connection when pressed. Cannot read any voltage on T1 in or out.

Well your not going to read any voltage to T1, if CR2 isn't closed.

So when you hit the trigger, and CR1 & CR2 are supposed to close, does the gas come on?

If not its likely that you've lost your Fan motor transformer as its a one piece unit. Fan can work, though independantly from the stepdown transformer, its coupled with.

Default T1

Well your not going to read any voltage to T1, if CR2 isn't closed.

So when you hit the trigger, and CR1 & CR2 are supposed to close, does the gas come on?

If not its likely that you've lost your Fan motor transformer as its a one piece unit. Fan can work, though independantly from the stepdown transformer, its coupled with.
    Is there a site that I can get a schmetic that has the componants identified?

Owners manual shows you everything you need to know.

I think the 130 has an overlaod protector protector TP1 at the T1 transformer, if it is faulty fan will run but not weld output.

Here is your sechmatic.

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o1316f_mil.pdf