Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Thrutraffic View Post
    First project - Welding Cart.

The tank platform I put on the back is large enough for several tanks. For now there will just be 1 75/25 and 1 100% Argon. Maybe some day some Helium.

The cart is large enough to hold my Mig and Stick machines, Plasma cutter and someday a TIG machine.

Anyone think of a reason I can't put the oxygen and acetylene tanks on there too?

Am I missing a safety issue?

I personally would build 3 carts, 1 for mig, 1 for stick/tig, 1 for oxy/acet, and plasma just lays around. The reason for 3 carts is that every process is separated, and every welding process currently has only 1 bottle. This just makes it easier if you want to do multiple things or if you are welding on things in tight areas.

A big thing about having 4 bottles and 4 outfits so close to each other is that more things together, more things to go wrong. Examples are more bottle to worry about, grinding dust in all machines, more cables/wires in the way, more consumables getting dirty.

I don't know what machines you have but a cart can be as simple as a hand cart with a shelf at the top for the welder and a smaller bottle can fit underneath.
    Last edited by Country Metals; 11-12-2012 at 06:02 AM.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.