Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default trailblazer 350d pro ??

What ever happened to the 350D pro? The new machines do not have the features of the old pro or the pipero 304 for that matter. The new ones advertise 12,000 watts but the fine print shows 12,000 peak, 10,000 continuous. I use a pipepro to power a dynasty 300 on portable aluminum jobs. I use that 12,000 watts, could even use a little more for lights, extra guy grinding, etc. Looking to go to a 350 dynasty. If my pipepro ever craps out, I dont have a realistic option for replacement. WHATS UP?????
    past welding instructor
    CWI
    business owner

Yeah I know what ya mean I would like to have between 15k and 20k to have back up power at the house during a storm 10kkeeps most going but I want the air condition going lol. When I first started out I had a gas powered generac 17.5 k wattt generator and that thing worked great running everything but it just drank gas and was loud. I wish they made a larger diesel machine before when I was looking for my diesel machine I looked at getting a wisper watt 20k and gettting a xmt 350 and running off of it . They are about 18k new so that dream was shot down quickly.
    Lincoln Vantage Kubota diesel 30 amp spool gun , Hobart 210 with spool gun, Thermal dynamic pak master 75, miller 304xmt all mobile all ready to go.

Agades, That is the set up that I use to do my portable tig, I also noticed that we have limited options when it comes to a portable that kicks out 12000 cont.

I also use my Pipe Pro to back feed when power goes out and yes its nice to be able to run the air conditioner at the same time.

I would like to take the xmt out of my pipepro and put in a dynasty.
    past welding instructor
    CWI
    business owner

I know I cant buy a trailblazer pro 350 from miller, but can I buy enough "replacement" parts at a discount to build one myself - with no warrantee or serial number of course.
    past welding instructor
    CWI
    business owner

I got one of the last pipepro's before they were discontinued, fortunately. I would have bought another and two TB 350 pro's if I had the cash and a crystal ball. Been looking at used ones and the stuff thats out there has not been taken care of very well.
    past welding instructor
    CWI
    business owner

Quote Originally Posted by Agades View Post
    I would like to take the xmt out of my pipepro and put in a dynasty.

Hmmm, looking at a dynasty 350, and a Pipepro 304 both in for repair, that could be done with minor modifications to the dynasty. I never gave it much thought. But then you loose your Mig capability.

Have to pick up my own Pipepro at the next auction.