Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default What is a used Diversion 165 worth?

I have one about 3 years old, very moderate use, includes the basic package, a Miller foot pedal and a cover. I do not see used Diversions on ebay nor craigs list so I am at a loss as to what to ask for the machine. I guess the folks that buy them keep them.

The welder has done everything I have ever asked of it. It basically paid for itself with the first use - repairing the linkage on my leather Barcalounger recliner. It would have cost me more to replace the recliner than the welder cost But it does not have pulse and I want pulse. I just scored a great deal on a showroom display model, unused, Dynasty 200DX at the local LWS so the Diversion needs a new home.

TIA,

Ken

I bought my Diversion 165 used about three months after Miller first started shipping them out. Got the machine, a box of electrodes in 1/16, a box of 3/32, some extra collets, collet bodies, alumina nozzles, shorty backcap, a brand new 80 cf tank of argon. All for $1000. Tried it with the hand control, then bought a foot control for it. Found it on CL, have not seen another one since.

CL ads:

Miller Diversion 165 Tig Welder as new only used couple of times, comes with cart, 2 bottles, foot control and two boxes of filler rods $1,500.

Miller Diversion 165 AC/DC Tig Welder. 3 Months old. Low Hours. Only selling because I replaced it with a machine with a pulser/ sequencer.. Great machine.. Come torch w/ hand control, regulator, upgrade foot pedal and rolling cart.. Paid $1800 plus tax at Airgas 3 Months ago... Ready to weld aluminum, stainless, steel,etc.. $1200 OBO

welder, optional foot pedal, weldcraft torch (swivel head) and a regulator. $1,400.

miller diversion 165 tig welder. Only used for 8-10 hours. AC/DC. Works great. In great condition. Looking to sell for $1100.00.

Miller Diversion 165 Tig Machine, Year Old very light use. Asking $1000.

Miller Diversion 165 ac/dc tig welder with Miller factory warranty $1,250.

diversion 165 tig welder. Comes with argon tank, steel, ss,and alum wire, cart, regulator, full set of consumables, foot pedal and torch control. Very low hours, unit is like brand new. $2,200.

Diversion 165, New regulator, New bottle ( the big one), Auto darkening helmet, cart $1,000

Miller Diversion 165 tig welder. Set up one time upon delivery to make sure it worked and used it for less than 5 minutes. Includes remote foot pedal and bottle. $1,400.

Thanks USMCPOP,

I have been watching CL here in central NC on a daily basis for several months. I got a good deal on a couple of 160 CF tanks but have yet to see a Diversion. The data you provided is most helpful. I was thinking in the $800 range without the Ar cylinder as I need it but I would throw in and assortment of collet bodies, gas lens bodies, collets, cups and some various sizes of tungsten and maybe a sampling of filler. Everything to get someone started except for the shielding gas. Perhaps I should bump it up a little to allow for some bargaining. I need to consult a friend who sells a lot of cars, motorcycles and parts on CL ans learn some of his marketing tricks.

Ken

They don't seem to have any in the SF Bay Area on Craigslist either.
    Trailblazer® 302 Air Pak™
    Miller Dynasty® 350
    Millermatic 350P Aluminum
    Millermatic® 252
    Syncrowave 351
    Lincoln LN-25 Pro

SuitCase® X-TREME™ 12VS

Multimatic™ 200
    Millermatic® 211 Auto-Set™ w/MVP™ (Sold)
    XR-Aluma Pro Gun
    Diversion™ 180

Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™

Thermal Dynamics® Cutmaster® 52
    Victor Oxy/Acetylene Set

I'd ask for at least $950. You can always go down in price.