Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I dont know what your personal condition is, but most americans dont know how good they have it. you think they have it better in portugal, ireland, italy, greece, spain? What about china, you think living conditions are better over there?

Most of the western world is recovering from a major financial mess. The economic problems we are facing here has nothing to do with "other countries walking over us."

i can get into the technicals but this is not the place for that. Just dont be so quick to judge Miller for outsourcing or foreigners for problems here at home. I will leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by regal2800 View Post

i can get into the technicals but this is not the place for that. Just dont be so quick to judge Miller for outsourcing or foreigners for problems here at home. I will leave it at that.
    What a complete COP OUT ! You spout off about all these advantages and when ask to name them you give this BS? Just like every other idiot that buys into whatever they are told. Reminds me of my neighbor when she told me she was voting for Obama last year.. I looked her dead in the eye and said " Tell me exactly what he's in the last 4 years that's helped America?" Her reply was exactly the same as yours------------------------------> A STUPID look and silence! Step it up big man and tell us all about the bright future America is facing and while you're at it if you don't care to answer one question. You voted for Obama didn't you?

America has been taking it in the tail since the day Bill Clinton signed NAFTA in 1992 and it's been down hill for this country since. People like you Sir that swallow the BS you are fed and told it's steak and good for you are why these criminals in office continue to drive this country into the ground. You believe every lie you're told and you think this country was built on acts of kindness instead of the backs and blood of soldiers. You bask in the freedom they died to supply and curse the way they provided it.. If you want to have the same living conditions as all those places you named just keep kissing their tail and I promise you it will happen. 3 generations living under the same roof and poverty like you never dreamed is EXACTLY where America is headed thanks to these people you support... As for Miller or any other company that outsources jobs to 3rd world nations if they build them there they need to live there and sell them there. Don't keep your corporate op here so all your CEO's can live here while your work force are slave labor. Step it up or step off

As for me and my personal conditions..... This isn't about me or my personal conditions where did you get that BS? This is about this country and the downward direction it's headed in and being smart enough to understand what's fueling it verses someone like you that has no answers when ask to support your position.
    Last edited by Gunner12R; 02-27-2013 at 07:15 PM.

First of all, calm down. this is just a discussion. Second, this is a welding forum not a political forum which is why i am hesitant to even reply.

Study the subprime lending market. Also study derivatives (Regulated and unregulated), Credit Default Swaps (CDS) in particular and how that ties into the housing market which crashed. This game is global Gunner. It's major economies, major heavy duty companies which are global getting tied together. It is like a domino, when one fails it can take out everything with it. Remember in 08 when everyone was complaining about the bail out and the slogan "too big to fail"? why do you think the government nationalized the biggest banks? Why did the ECB (european central bank) bail out the Euro?

As far as obama goes, i actually didn't vote for him at all. (in 08 or in 12) But Obama had nothing to do with this crash. If you want to blame someone blame Greenspan, Sommer, Geithner etc.

Miller is doing what every major company is doing to cut cost and maintain quality. You know apple computers are built in china? And i will say it again, nobody is screwing the US. We are by far the dominant force in this world and it is the US controlling the shots globally.

To other members of this thread i apologize for going off topic. Gunner if you want PM me to continue this debate.

Unfortunetly something like 60% of the parts for the big 3 automakers in the US are made overseas...What's today's definition of "Made in the USA"?

Default FTC Guidelines for "Made in the USA"

According to the Federal Trade Commission, in order for a product to qualify as "Made in the USA" it must,

"be "all or virtually all" made in the U.S. The term "United States," as referred to in the Enforcement Policy Statement, includes the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories and possessions. What does "all or virtually all" mean?
    "All or virtually all" means that all significant parts and processing that go into the product must be of U.S. origin. That is, the product should contain no or negligible foreign content.
    "

For more on this topic, visit their website: http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bu...e-usa-standard

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Welders View Post
    According to the Federal Trade Commission, in order for a product to qualify as "Made in the USA" it must,

"be "all or virtually all" made in the U.S. The term "United States," as referred to in the Enforcement Policy Statement, includes the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories and possessions. What does "all or virtually all" mean?
    "All or virtually all" means that all significant parts and processing that go into the product must be of U.S. origin. That is, the product should contain no or negligible foreign content.
    "

For more on this topic, visit their website: http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bu...e-usa-standard
    If they are no longer assemble with minimal amounts of foriegn parts, they are assembled with sustantial amounts of foriegn parts then. Too bad.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800