Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    Yes! I got me some labels now.

Those are some mighty fine looking decals you have there... You know when I think of it I could smell some sweet n sour pork when I unboxed my dynasty... I'm on to you Miller

Default made????

today, copy cats are everwere. from sunglasses to parts on a jet. it's so hard to control. i start with simply asking,and look at serial #s.no quick fix on that.

Our machines are designed and manufactured in Appleton, Wis. Our manufacturing processes have not changed, but the FTC closely regulates the use of the phrase “Made in the U.S.A.,” and the guidelines have become more stringent. Miller uses a guideline that a product must meet a 95 percent level of U.S. components before we will label it as “Made in the U.S.A.” Almost all complex manufactured products contain many small components that are not of U.S. origin.

Default Where is my "Made in USA" label on my Dynasty700?

Guess I just figured out why they fail still 5% made else where

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Welders View Post
    Our machines are designed and manufactured in Appleton, Wis. Our manufacturing processes have not changed, but the FTC closely regulates the use of the phrase “Made in the U.S.A.,” and the guidelines have become more stringent. Miller uses a guideline that a product must meet a 95 percent level of U.S. components before we will label it as “Made in the U.S.A.” Almost all complex manufactured products contain many small components that are not of U.S. origin.
    That's OK. I will get over it. I kind of feel special that I got one of those crossover machines.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    That's OK. I will get over it. I kind of feel special that I got one of those crossover machines.
    Yes , a hybrid if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by beazy125 View Post
    Yes , a hybrid if you will.
    Mutant?
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

My Dynasty 350 says Made in USA on the face of the machine in the top left corner.

This brings me to a subject that burns my ass up and that's being forced to buy more and more products outside our borders by our own government! If I understand what the Miller Rep said in this thread the Government has strict guidelines about the words ( Made in USA ) if a machine contains components that were made outside our borders the words Made in USA can't be used? or at best have to be used with strict rules..... This is once again our country laying down and allowing the rest of the world to exercise an*l S*x on us! I don't know about anyone else but I'm pretty Da*n sick of America or at least the people elected to represent us as a whole laying down and allowing this country to be walked all over by the rest of the world!

So I'm thinking about the process of buying goods outside the borders of our country and why our own government would want us to do this and it all hit and made sense. Last year I purchased some motorcycle body panels from a supplier in Japan that was the only company in the world that had these parts. I can live with that given the situation. A couple of months later I get a bill from the US Government for TAX due on the purchase. I'm thinking this is not only out of state it's out of the country for Christs sake and NOT for resale. So I made a call to ask WTF? I was told that every purchase we make mail order that we currently get by without paying tax on is coming to an END SOONER THAN LATER! That's right they are putting laws into effect that will track and collect tax on everything. I was told it's been that way for many years but they simply couldn't track the purchases and the sellers weren't complying with reporting them but that is ending soon.. So the US Government forced us basically into a global economy and the main reason is ----------------------> MORE TAX !!! They will collect tax more times on the same purchase so it's a winning deal for the SHORT SIGHTED IDIOTS in Washington !! Our country is out of control and no longer being governed by officials that are looking out for American's citizens like it once was. Greed and lack of compassion for our fellow man is the reason behind this clearly. If trade was taxed and equal from one country to the next along with every countries citizens being treated equally and paid an equal and fair salary that allows them to live a life style that no longer sees poverty and people living in less than acceptable conditions I would see no real problem with doing business with our neighbors but we all know that's simply not the case. Child labor, Poverty, and worst of all companies that move from our shores foreign soil to evade the EPA that protects us all from these companies destroying the environment all in the name of profit! I see no help for the situation until mother earth cleanses it'self of us all in one huge display of ENOUGH!

I realize this post strays from the topic of -------> Made in America on a welding machines face... But not really because those words mean so much more than the spot on the planet where something is bolted together.. Made in USA means -------------> Made in a place where we are doing at least something to protect the planet and the humans that live here along with the original inhabitants the wild life that are being destroyed in the name of profit and greed! That's what I see when I read Made in USA printed on a label what do you guys see? We simply got to realize we are all eating from the same bowl and drinking from the same cup. Destroying the world no matter what the position on the global map it lays can not be allowed to continue... Sorry for the rant but this subject really stripes my ass!
    Last edited by Gunner12R; 02-21-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Gunnr, you are looking at it wrong. First of all nobody is walking over america. (it's actually the opposite). Second this is globalization, get used to it. The world has grown way too much and economies have become far too complex to keep things "within our own borders." There are many benefits to things the way they are.
    Last edited by regal2800; 02-21-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by regal2800 View Post
    Gunnr, you are looking at it wrong. First of all nobody is walking over america. (it's actually the opposite). Second this is globalization, get used to it. The world has grown way too much and economies have become far too complex to keep things "within our own borders." There are many benefits to things the way they are.
    I had a much longer post but I think a much shorter one will do the job.. Please take it upon yourself to tell us all the advantages to our current position in the world economy because I'm just not seeing any as I look around in all directions at BROKE people to go along with this BROKE and in DEBT country. This should prove to be a interesting read