Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default My First Welder and First Project

I just got my Miller 150S this week. Since I needed a welding table I thought it would be a good first project. It’s based on the welding table project on the Lincoln Electric site. The hardest part was welding on the coupling nuts for the casters even after sanding off the zinc plating. Once I got an ugly but serviceable weld I found I had penetrated a bit too much and had to spend about an hour running a tap through and then testing with a bolt over and over before the bolt went all the way through.

Joe

PS: The welding table is supporting a dish of ice cream that my wifeP1010265.jpgP1010266.jpg insisted be in the picture.

Thats the way
    You learn heaps from just setting up your work area.
    Keep up the good work

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Looks good. Did you use flux core wire on that?
    Trailblazer® 302 Air Pak™
    Miller Dynasty® 350
    Millermatic 350P Aluminum
    Millermatic® 252
    Syncrowave 351

SuitCase® X-TREME™ 12VS

Multimatic™ 200
    Millermatic® 211 Auto-Set™ w/MVP™
    XR-Aluma Pro Gun
    Diversion™ 180

Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™

Thermal Dynamics® Cutmaster® 52
    Victor Oxy/Acetylene Set

Quote Originally Posted by kvwall View Post
    Looks good. Did you use flux core wire on that?
    Thanks, I used 6011 stick. I'm pleased with the result even though for a few bucks more I could've bought a Miller folding table. But, as Jigantor pointed out, I did learn a lot. Some of it, real basic, like getting familiar with a chop saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Joe View Post
    Thanks, I used 6011 stick. I'm pleased with the result even though for a few bucks more I could've bought a Miller folding table. But, as Jigantor pointed out, I did learn a lot. Some of it, real basic, like getting familiar with a chop saw.
    Not too "familiar" I hope...?
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.

Looks good! How thick is the top? I tend to go heavy on the top as I am usually beating on something there. Also helps with keeping it flat over time.
    Campbell Hausfeld 110V MIG
    Jo Ann Fabrics Hot Glue Gun