Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default aluminum spool gun and bobcat 250EFI?

have a 2012 bobcat 250 EFI and need to put a MIG aluminum spool gun into the equation for a project upcoming in the field. What do I need to make this setup work? I was told I needed to get a new Trailblazer instead from my local welding shop. Any way I can use an adapter to make work? Thanks!

Sure you need a WC-115 (with contactor) and a spoolmatic 30A

can someone please confirm that I would need the following items then?

quantity 1. WC-115A with contactor (part #137-546-01-1)
    quantity 1. Spoolmatic 30A (part #130831)

anything else?

Thanks!

Those would be the correct items. You will need a chunk of weld cable to go from the Bobcat to the WC-115, for a work cable you can use your work cable that goes with your stick cables and of course you will need argon gas, aluminum welding wire and I would suggest some extra contact tips as well.
    Kevin Schuh
    Service Technician
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Kevin -- thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Kevin View Post
    Those would be the correct items. You will need a chunk of weld cable to go from the Bobcat to the WC-115, for a work cable you can use your work cable that goes with your stick cables and of course you will need argon gas, aluminum welding wire and I would suggest some extra contact tips as well.
    Miller Kevin, is there any difference in the preformance of
    the two machines Bobcat vs Trailblazer, I have welded
    extensively with the Trailblazer and a 30A spoolgun, but not with
    the Bobcat..Trailblzer runs great even with a Promax gun....just wondering....Paul
    More Spark Today Please