Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default hooking up wire feeder

Hope someone can help me! I have an old Hobart 250 betamig hooked up to a miller wire feeder and works great, I picked up another 250 betamig now and looking for another feeder I found a ESAB aristofeed 48 does anyone know if I could hook it up to work the same? I'm not familiar with ESAB products the miller was very simply to do but don't want to buy it and find out it won't work the same

Quote Originally Posted by rustymfg@hotmail.com View Post
    Hope someone can help me! I have an old Hobart 250 betamig hooked up to a miller wire feeder and works great, I picked up another 250 betamig now and looking for another feeder I found a ESAB aristofeed 48 does anyone know if I could hook it up to work the same? I'm not familiar with ESAB products the miller was very simply to do but don't want to buy it and find out it won't work the same

The ESAB needs 42 volts to run, the hobart doesn't have it, and its quite the hassle to get and install a 120/42Vac transformer.

Default hooking up wire feeder

Ok thanks for the info, I was talking to my supplier today and he said the miller is one special right now

As cruzer mentioned, it would be an unnecessary hassle to use esab extension on hobart as you'll have to install and use the transformer. Thus, I'll suggest you to buy a miller products as they are both easy and efficient to use,