Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New member here but older that dirt.....Question about new Dynasty 350

Just bought the Dynasty 350 last week and have a couple questions for the aluminum guys........I have been Tig welding for 30 + years but the Inverter is a SPACE SHIP
    to figure out for me...lol I use my Lincoln Tig 355 everyday for 8 hours welding my customers handicap lifts
    and it does a great job, but like a lot of other older guys I kinda wanted a Dynasty because of the things I have heard
    and so far their right. Nice machines....BUT the transition is kicking my rear.....When you change the BAL
    the EP $ EN changes so is that all I need to do is select
    my BAL and the EP & EN will be correct? I haven't UN-LOCKED anything so the machine is just the way it came out of the box......Thanks Guys Glad to be here
    My wife says I'm 65 going on 12.....I wonder why she says that?

Two different adjustments. 1. ac balance changes % of time per cycle on Positive compared to negative. 2. Adjusts the amperage of Positive and amperage all negative

Default Setting EP & EN

So how do you know how much EN and EP to add to a weld amp....

Or does setting the weld Amp set the EP and EN for you and you can tweak that value?
    Last edited by B_C; 10-04-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Set EP with the amps you want then EN with the amps you want. When you hit the A button it will show the average amps set.

B_C,

Did you read the "sticky" thread AskAndy started?

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ocesses-Set-Up
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

No I just joined and not familiar with the forum yet....

Click on the link I gave you, I don't know if the answer is there, but I'd bet reading the whole thread, you would probably find answers to questions you haven't even thought of yet.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

How have you been, BTW??? I kind of miss you, since you no longer post on Hobart.

Quote Originally Posted by JSFAB View Post
    Click on the link I gave you, I don't know if the answer is there, but I'd bet reading the whole thread, you would probably find answers to questions you haven't even thought of yet.
    I'll bet if you read the whole thread you have more free time than I do.
    Why doesn't miller weed out all the bs on that thread.

I have been really good a few health issues but nothing serious, just old guy crap. I have been so busy with this Handicap Lift company Im welding parts for I haven't had too much time to hang out anywhere. I found this site last week and needed some help with the New Dynasty 350...
    I post some on Weld Web....There are some great guys on there also. This Dynasty is really fun for me since I weld Aluminum almost exclusively. There has been so much money in this deal I stopped taking in work and weld 8 hours a day on the lifts...... http://www.lifeguardlift.com/