Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Old miller tig welder

Does anyone know a way to make a finger control for the tig torch on my miller 330 abp? Ive been told its not but Im hopefull someone has an idea. I thought of using a servo and remote controller from a r/c car. The welder works great. I hate to spend thousands on a new welder just to get the torch mount controller. Thanks

Not happening, get or use the foot pedal.

Default not necessarily

If you can rig the servo to operate the origional foot pedal you could do it, however realize that you do need to use the origional pedal, a modern one won't do the job. It would be a good idea to have an extra pedal in case you want to use foot control, because if you forget to disconnect the servo you will break it. Of course you will need a battery pack or DC power supply to operate the servo, but I used to do the RC plane thing and see no reaso that a handy guy couldn't do it.
    Caddy

Why bother, Do you not have a foot pedal? Tough to get another pedal for this unit if you screw it up with a servo motor

I have a foot pedal. It works great but Im putting a roll cage in my mustang and putting the pedal between my legs is annoying. I have to be in weird positions as it is my welds are strong but the beauty is suffering lol.