Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: pipe pro 350

Default pipe pro 350

anyone used one? how mitsubishi motor

I'm very happy with mine. Engine is very reliable, very quiet(for an engine drive). Starts with little or no smoke every time. Uses no oil. I've had no issues running all day long in the summer. Winter isn't real cold in Ohio, so I can speak to it's sub-zero performance.

Good stick machine for downhill pipe. Good for uphill with E7018. Good for TIG on mild steel or stainless. I haven't had a chance to run wire with mine, but I've seen it on other BB350's and it appears to do this well too.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyjack View Post
    anyone used one? how mitsubishi motor
    Benson's Mobile Welding & Fabrication
    www.bensonmobilewelding.com
    Serving the Dayton, Cincinnati, and Columbus, OH metropolitan areas

And the gas version pretty much of the Pipepro 350 is the Trailblazer 325

Quote Originally Posted by A_DAB_will_do View Post
    I'm very happy with mine. Engine is very reliable, very quiet(for an engine drive). Starts with little or no smoke every time. Uses no oil. I've had no issues running all day long in the summer. Winter isn't real cold in Ohio, so I can speak to it's sub-zero performance.

Good stick machine for downhill pipe. Good for uphill with E7018. Good for TIG on mild steel or stainless. I haven't had a chance to run wire with mine, but I've seen it on other BB350's and it appears to do this well too.

What machine did you have before?

My neighbor and I both have them and I'm unimpressed with the engine to the point that I'll never buy another Mitsubishi welder. We both work in northern BC and AB welding on Sagd sites and starting in -15 and below weather is an issue. Always have to run a Herman nelson on it if its shutdown so I end up running it 24-7 when working with a cover on it so it won't freeze up. The welder is a dream to run wire and stick but I'm ready to buy a different welder so I can have a reliable machine. Wish it came with the Perkins diesel then it would be great.

Jason

Isn't the Cat engine they offer same as a perkins??

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyjack View Post
    What machine did you have before?
    I had a Lincoln 300D with the Perkins engine. It was also a great stick/tig machine and I really like the arc it had.

I didn't like:

how much it vibrated while running,
    how loud it was(I often work off the back of my truck)
    I couldn't run wire without the CV module that was very expensive
    It only produced 3000 watts of AC power, and I wanted more capacity for work lights, power tools, etc.

With regards to the earlier comments from the Canadians about cold weather starting issues and the mitsubishi engine...I can't speak to that, because it just doesn't get than **** cold here in Ohio. My BB350 has always started reliably and run like a swiss watch here. But the low temps here get down to the single digits; at the worst, and I'm not usually out working when it's that cold anyway.
    Benson's Mobile Welding & Fabrication
    www.bensonmobilewelding.com
    Serving the Dayton, Cincinnati, and Columbus, OH metropolitan areas