Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cruizer, a question on a generator

Cruizer, my welders are running fine,but I have a question on a portable generator which no one at this point has been able to solve. Just wondering if you can help. I bought it reconditioned a few years ago and never really checked the generator portion when I bought it.I checked out and started the motor,which was fine. It produces 110 volts at each respective 110 volt receptacle fine,but when I check for220 volts at its receptacle,there is 0 volts. On this very receptacle when I check across each hot lug independently I get 110 volts as I should,but when I check for the combined total at both hot lugs I get zero. I am confused on this one. I know this section is for welding questions,but so far have been unable to get an answer that may help reslove the problem. Then to,I don't know if it is even worth fixing given the potential cost. I bougt it from Home Depot and failed to check the generator portion when I purchased it.I guess I thought it would work properly being just reconditioned. Thanks for any input.

Obviously I'm not Cruiser, but my guess would be that the recepical isn't wired correctly. both hots are wired to the same leg of the generator.
    Jeff

J Hall, That would also be my guess, If you go from hot to neutral and get 115 on each leg it should mean they are both tied to the same 115V leg.

What they said. ^^
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

I bought a generator from Costco and had to return it 29 days later when fuel started dumping out the bowl. A week after I returned it I received a recall in the mail.
    Trailblazer® 302 Air Pak™
    Miller Dynasty® 350
    Millermatic 350P Aluminum
    Millermatic® 252
    Syncrowave 351

SuitCase® X-TREME™ 12VS

Multimatic™ 200
    Millermatic® 211 Auto-Set™ w/MVP™
    XR-Aluma Pro Gun
    Diversion™ 180

Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™

Thermal Dynamics® Cutmaster® 52
    Victor Oxy/Acetylene Set

Quote Originally Posted by J hall View Post
    Obviously I'm not Cruiser, but my guess would be that the recepical isn't wired correctly. both hots are wired to the same leg of the generator.
    And Ditto to the other guys.

Which model is it?

By chance it doesn't have a 120v/240 toggle switch on it?
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

No toggle switch,and thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by NMWelding View Post
    No toggle switch,and thanks everyone.
    Can you post up the Model #, just curious.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

The generator is a Homelite model HG6000.