Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Air boat build 2

more pics

Default Air boat build 2

Default Air boat build 2

Thats a lot of welding !

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

how much do the kits cost for a personalized unit.

Default Air boat build 2

we bought all the aluminum for a complete hull sides v broke the bottom with turning chimes broke in it bottom 1/4" transom & bulkhead 3/16" sides 1/8". all for about 3000

Looks like it will be WAY underpowered with ONLY a 454 in it.

Default Air boat build 2

I have plans to build a 17 ft jet sled. I'm not going to start it until I'm comfortable welding alum. I just bought a miller 252, and I'm really trying to decided if I should just buy the 30A spoolgun? Or step up to the push pull gun?

I have been welding aluminum with my 180 and spoolgun 100, for a couple of years. Obviously I just stepped it up with the 252!

After building your airboat, that is really close to a jet sled. What would you recommend?

By the way that thing is awesome, I hope my duck boat turns out half as nice as yours.

Default Air boat build 2

thanks!! a spool gun outta work fine that's what I have, but I worked at a boat factory some And they had a push pull they r awesome but pricey bout 1800 itself u really need a high freq set up for your visible welds

Default Air boat build 2

Thanks, think I'm going with the spoolgun. Then the next purchase is the 280 hopefully if it ever comes out? Going to Tig all welds that will be visible. I have been spending time at a local aluminum boat builder here in Idaho really looking at how they put them together. The are using 350p with spoolgun and Dynasty 350's.