Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I got a quote from a dealer on a new 325 today wih Efi it was $4980 and the EFI Excel was $5350.00 plus tax. They did not have either in stock and had to call miller to even find out about it as it was not in the books. I am torn if I want sell my pro 300 and get one . I just like the thought of the weight of the machine and having one with a warranty. I am just not sure if I want to be a test subject till they get the bugs worked out.
    Lincoln Vantage Kubota diesel 30 amp spool gun , Hobart 210 with spool gun, Thermal dynamic pak master 75, miller 304xmt all mobile all ready to go.

Default Trailblazer 325?????????????????

Been running ours for a weeks straight, 8 to 10 hours a day, and haven't had a problem with it yet, except one day, it didn't want to start back after lunch, don't know what it was, but hasn't done it since.

I'm thinking about buying a trailblazer 325 when I get my income tax return next February.
    im looking at the excel power option, is it worth the $500?
    the machine adjust engine speed based on load requirements? So I'm kinda confused. How much will it rev up running just a grinder without excel power?

Also, can you get machines cheaper if you pick them up from the factory?

Had one in the shop for cover fitting and remote. Took it apart. The generator is a little cheaper, kinda looks like the ones that were in the T-dyne engine drives. so not repairable should it crash, That said, the unit put out a nice controllable arc, super quiet, A little more electronics, but they are easy to get too. And the machines are quite light wt. I'd definately buy one over a Ranger 305. The Exell power is worth the coin as well.

Still loving my TB302 but one of these days it may need replaced.

Just curios did they move the oil filter and drain to the left hand side of the machine? From what I can make out it looks like it, and also the fuel filler. That will make it hard to service for us guys that mount in a pickup facing the drivers side.

Why in the world did they remove the AC welding capability? Have only used it a few times on my 302 but when I needed it to get out of a severe arc blow situation it was a real life saver.
    Trailblazer 302
    Lincoln SP-135-T
    Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
    Smith torch
    Spoolmatic 30A

"Why in the world did they remove the AC welding capability? Have only used it a few times on my 302 but when I needed it to get out of a severe arc blow situation it was a real life saver."

Marketing would be my guess.
    If you want Ac output, gotta buy a dynasty.

So, yes on the excel power. 10-4

Quote Originally Posted by shortarc View Post
    Still loving my TB302 but one of these days it may need replaced.

Just curios did they move the oil filter and drain to the left hand side of the machine? From what I can make out it looks like it, and also the fuel filler. That will make it hard to service for us guys that mount in a pickup facing the drivers side.

Why in the world did they remove the AC welding capability? Have only used it a few times on my 302 but when I needed it to get out of a severe arc blow situation it was a real life saver.
    Well, yeah, cause the engine and gen are reversed, so yep the filter is now on the other side. AS for the AC capability, not many were using that function, so it was discontinued. Basically if your running Aluminum, its through a spoolgun in CV.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Had one in the shop for cover fitting
    So you will be making winter covers for them... good to know I ordered my machine last week.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    I'd definately buy one over a Ranger 305. The Exell power is worth the coin as well.
    Did someone hack your account... I NEVER thought I'd hear those words come out of your mouth.
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Quote Originally Posted by shortarc View Post
    Sounds like you may need a front or rear mount remote oil drain and filter kit in that application. I think I should have enough clearance... but I might not, I'll keep you posted.
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Finally Miller has caught up with the Lincoln. This 325 has the same basic theory as the Lincoln 305. Yes the 325 is vulnerable in a few areas. But after stripping one down. I actually like it, and its very suprising for me to like any engine drive of Millers.