Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 10 of 13

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,031

    Default Shop Vac Holder Arm For Drill

    At the end of every week I spend some time cleaning up the workshop.
    Two areas that need most attention are the band saw and the drill press. The band saw is a lost cause so I turned my gaze on the drill press.
    My workshop is only small and there are a lot of things crammed into it. That said to clean up around the drill press I have to move lots of stuff out from under it. I rang Hafco and Carbatec to see if I could buy a holding arm that would bolt onto my drill press, but was told that they did not sell anything like that.
    I rigged some wire to hold the vac nozzle and found out that it picks up 98% of swarf. The other 2% flies off into outer space.
    I hand sketched a design on my iPad and picked up the ali sections I needed to make a start on reducing clean up time.

    Ji
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grip it and Rip it

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Fab,fab,fab

    Ji
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grip it and Rip it

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Finished and works great.
    I can point the nozzle anyway I like.
    Perfect.

    Ji
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grip it and Rip it

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigantor View Post
    Finished and works great.
    I can point the nozzle anyway I like.
    Perfect.

    Ji
    Hey man that looks great and looks like it serves its purpose, the best part is you could not find what you were looking for so you fabbed it yourself, AWESOME

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Nice, that takes all the fun out of it . It's better trying to hold on to the vise, direct vacuum , and feed drill.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Hi Three Turbos,
    Thanks for the kind words.
    This should fit just about any drill press as they all have that central column.
    I was expecting that someone would have sold something like this seeing how dust extraction is becoming more required.

    Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137