Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by trapc45 View Post
    Did we ever fix the 211 soft start issue. It sounds like there may be a relay sticking or chattering or possibly a logic problem some where since it only does it on the first pull, and after reseting. I am not a miller tech, just an electronics guy so take this with a grain of salt. With out a scat to read and trace, i really can't give you any more advice.

No since the op's machine works in 120, but not in 230, I'm thinking something is allowing the strike relay to come on and stay on. I'm going with a primary ground issue. Easily tested by disconnecting it temporarily. Reason why I think this is that the unit did work properly for some time, I'm wondering if something was improperly hooked into that panel and supplying a low voltage to that ground circuit, and into the commons on the board. Now most of the commons are isolated, strike isn't.

I don't wanna make a stupid cord, I wanna simply BUY one. How stupid is that?

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    I don't wanna make a stupid cord, I wanna simply BUY one. How stupid is that?

I never said "Stupid", unsure where that came from.

Now the cable doesn't come in one piece sooo...

For a RCCS-14 you'll be needing the following:

039273 - amp conector c/w pins
    151146 - 26.5' cable
    215030 - tubing
    209313 - 5 terminals required
    209314 - connector

Hello, I have a xmt 304 230/460 serial LB022136 welder that burns up the wires(1&3) on the RC3 connector on the PC2 board. The service manual doesnt really cover much about the PC2 board and does not have test points to check, not that I can with it burned now. The wires seem to be linked to the control transformer? I checked and did not find a short. The line contactors clicked on and off several times before it made a loud boom and bruned the wires, also knocked a smaller cap off the PC2 board. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One of your autolink contactors is jammed, Only one side can work at a time. If you press one in, the other should remain locked. (of course pc2 removed, and power off) quite likely one of the large charge caps is smoked and an igbt.

Using two welders to make one. The PC2 was burned the same way and I had a good good one from another welder. Before I installed it I swapped the contactors from a unit that had an explosive C3 and C4 issue. I also tested the contactors for sticking and proper switch after the install, the original ones were good as well. Which board tells the autolink contactors to close? Is is possible that it is being told to close both? The contactors switched on of real fast with 240v tried 460v and still switched fast. The wires burned before it could be turned off, now it blows the building breaker as soon as its turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommikaze View Post
    Using two welders to make one. The PC2 was burned the same way and I had a good good one from another welder. Before I installed it I swapped the contactors from a unit that had an explosive C3 and C4 issue. I also tested the contactors for sticking and proper switch after the install, the original ones were good as well. Which board tells the autolink contactors to close? Is is possible that it is being told to close both? The contactors switched on of real fast with 240v tried 460v and still switched fast. The wires burned before it could be turned off, now it blows the building breaker as soon as its turned on.
    You lost your SR1 control bridge and likely your on/off switch

yeah SR1 is shrorted now, just like the other one was before I changed it. Any ideas on why did that get taken out with the PC2?

Perhaps an over load, what is the resistance on the auxilary windings off SR1 (where the black and white primarys would have gone)

Also take a diode meter to the 2 protection diodes on pc2. Also test the igbts via a diode tester, red to the top pole on the igbt black to the bottom, and black to the middle red to the bottom

Check your switch too

Take a capacitence reading off the two large caps as well, you'll have to drain them first.

Default extreme 12 vs trouble

I have a 12vs an i can't get it to run well. It has .045 flux core in it. wire runs, and strikes but then runs inconsistent. Turned up it will run but not good. You can hear it start stop when it does it