Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

OK I have one. Not really something you couldn't figure out, but still a problem for me.
    I use the RCC-14 control on all my tigs. From time to time the cables go bad, right at the controller. I've bought the little repair kits and had mostly bad luck.
    Mainly because I ain't that good with that small of wire. Besides I need to be welding with my time.
    My Miller rep doesn't show just the cord available. I have a pile of this stuff laying around and it is bound to get bigger.
    I would love to find a place to just buy the control cable and not the entire assembly. Any ideas?

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

What you have there is basically 5 wire 26 gage cord, any electronics store will carry it, maybe go to a 22 gage so that it doesn't break as often

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Is it wired for single phase? IE if you open it up, it should be from left to right on the on/off switch black, white, red where black and white are the single phase connections. Often the white and the red are reversed. This leads to mod failure.

Got info on what went bad on my Dynasty 200 DX, PC-1, PC-2 and PC -10. Could reversed wires inside machine calls this?
    Thanks Kevin

Possible as the pc2 interconnect board got taken out first popping the preregulator module, and surging the other 2 inverter pc1 and boost pc10 boards.

If the boost board got hit, the inverter board would be ok, but would have taken out a diode on the pc2 interconnect board. If the inverter board got hit, damage would be confined to it, so something happened to the preregulator mod which they are likely changing out with PC2 interconnect but didn't mention it.

Default Bored, need a problem I actually can't figure out

Thanks
    I'll open it when I pick it up and get it to my shop
    Kevin

I bet I have one you cant figure out.

All my welds keep breaking and I know its not me so whats wrong with the welder.

And by the way, I've only been wrong once and that was when I thought I was wrong but then discovered that I was'nt.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Portable Welder View Post
    I bet I have one you cant figure out.

All my welds keep breaking and I know its not me so whats wrong with the welder.

And by the way, I've only been wrong once and that was when I thought I was wrong but then discovered that I was'nt.
    You know, your not so far off there, there is lots of Chinese, and east indians that could not weld if thier life depended on it. and its always the machine causing the problem. The ones that can barely speak english I imediately send elsewhere. The ones that attempt to talk me down in price are gone too. They all seem to like to barter, The Hudderites are ok, as they fill me up with fresh bread, meat and picked eggs.

Default Bored, need a problem I actually can't figure out

Nothing wrong with barter, as long as its beneficial to all party's.

Default 211 Soft Start

Did we ever fix the 211 soft start issue. It sounds like there may be a releay sticking or chattering or posibly a logic problem some where since it only does it on the first pull, and after reseting. I am not a miller tech, just an electronics guy so take this with a grain of salt. With out a scat to read and trace, i really can give you any more advice.

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    OK I have one. Not really something you couldn't figure out, but still a problem for me.
    I use the RCC-14 control on all my tigs. From time to time the cables go bad, right at the controller. I've bought the little repair kits and had mostly bad luck.
    Mainly because I ain't that good with that small of wire. Besides I need to be welding with my time.
    My Miller rep doesn't show just the cord available. I have a pile of this stuff laying around and it is bound to get bigger.
    I would love to find a place to just buy the control cable and not the entire assembly. Any ideas?
    The parts book shows all the pieces to build your own cord. If you have the right crimpers. But not a cord that is already assembled ready to just plug in.
    They do have ready to plug in cord assemblies for the foot controls.
    Glenn 300 amp stick
    Millermatic 35
    L-tec plasma