Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Okay by popular demand we have extended Pipe Monday to Pipe Tuesday.
    This is dangerous and if you try this you may lose property or life. I do not recommend this proceedure.

That said lets go.
    This is another pipe that needed some love but this time just dents no cracks.

Ji
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jigantor; 06-03-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    Grip it and Rip it

On the end of bike pipes is a flange make sure the three fixing bolts are fixed below the flange so the yoke will not fly off when pressurised. With the three bolts try your best to centre the pipe and make sure an amount of the pipe protrudes past the yoke.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Then bolt the cap with rubber seal attached onto the yoke. Do this for both ends. Make sure the bolts are tight and the pipe has bitten into the rubber seal.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Before you pressurise the pipe make sure you point the caps away from people, animals and property. With the compressed air hose attached and the ball valve in the closed position slowly open the ball valve paying attention to the gauge. Do not allow the pressure to exceed 40psi. When the heat is applied the internal pressure will rise naturally to around 60psi. If there is an air leak at the seals that is not large that is okay as your compressor will keep the internal pressure at 40psi. it there is a large leak go back and start again.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Make sure before applying the heat that all paints and surface treatments have been removed. Apply Map gas to the ridge of the dent in a circular motion. Again make sure the caps are pointing away from anything that could be hurt or killed, this is like a gun and should only be pointed down range. As the pipe heats to a red colour you will see the pipe pop. It is very sutle.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

If everything has gone well the dents should be gone.
    This does not get rid of small dents but works a treat on anything larger than a 10mm diameter.
    The rubber seal I used was some mud flap I found on the side of the road. People here in the bush use conveyer belt as mud flaps on their cars and you see it by the side of the road, I always stop and pick it up as it is real handy.

I hope this helps
    Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

They always look better with a lick of paint.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

That's just pure genius. Thanks for posting.

My Pleasure

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Default Mine...

I am sending you a titanium header pipe off my CRF450X...do what you can.
    Don't worry I know where you live and who you are...;-)
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.