Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Welding Helmet Design

Has Miller ever sold a welding helmet with "Pin Up Girls" on them?
    Like the old Airforces used to do on their planes.
    I have traced this young lady for illustration purposes. Copyrights of original Pin Up Girl belong to Pearl Frush.
    She could be welding motorcycle frames, pipelines, NASCAR frames,............
    I am not a very good freehand digital drawer but you will get the idea.
    Better than the old skulls and such.

Ji
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jigantor; 09-17-2012 at 08:07 PM.
    Grip it and Rip it

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jigantor View Post
    I have traced this young lady for illustration purposes.

Ji
    if you are not settled on a final design yet... you might look at aircraft nose art for further inspiration....

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...8&fr=yfp-t-701

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Hi H80N,
    I have not settled on any design I just thought this could be an option for a future design.
    I certainly don't think the one I have uploaded should be used just setting up the vibe.
    Pin Up art has always impressed me and is part of my generation which I see has continued to this day. An alternative to flames and skulls. After all I use a helmet so I don't get burnt or become a skeleton.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Hi H80N,
    I have not settled on any design I just thought this could be an option for a future design.
    I certainly don't think the one I have uploaded should be used just setting up the vibe.
    Pin Up art has always impressed me and is part of my generation which I see has continued to this day. An alternative to flames and skulls. After all I use a helmet so I don't get burnt or become a skeleton.

Ji
    Always been partial to pinups myself.... quite a bit of it online if you take the time to look...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Has Miller ever sold a helmet with Pin Up Art before?
    Could be popular.

I don't know much about getting the right shape, stance or *** appeal but here she has the hose wrapped around her leg.

Ji
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grip it and Rip it

Default New Welding Helmet Design

Ok, bigger hooters, legs are good, coverall good, needs red lips and eyes with long lashes. lol

That is right and the original artwork by Pearl Frush had all that except the bigger girly stuff.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

I have traced this young lady for illustration purposes. Copyrights of original Pin Up Girl belong to Pearl Frush.

Ji
    I think that's a TREMENDOUS idea. anyone with some skills with an airbrush could probably bring in some nice cash money with that.....I dig flames and skulls and such but after a while the whole outlaw biker theme runs its course for me personally.....bring on the pin up's...like on recent HOT ROD and CAR CRAFT magazine covers...with the throw back, punk type girls laying on the car and seats! nice idea!

I am not sure where and when this art form started but it has been around a long time.
    Did the Hawaiian girl tattoo on a sailors arm come before it or was it an off shute?
    Who knows but this art is here to stay and is very popular.
    If Miller was to use the idea the art work would be applied as a sticker as this would be cheaper to reproduce but yes an airbrush would bring it to life.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

The caption could read,

"Miller's Welding Aprons give the best protection for Pin Up Girls"

or

"Flash Time"

Or something like that.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it