Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default self made cylinder safety caps

I made these caps out of the ones that come on the cylinder cause i couldnt see my self payin 50 bucks each
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default more pics

It wouldnt let me do all three pics

Default third pic

Third pic

You must work for free! Isn't your time worth something? Looks good though, that's for sure. I have a set I bought and am real happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by atc250r View Post
    You must work for free! Isn't your time worth something? Looks good though, that's for sure. I have a set I bought and am real happy with them.
    Well they took about an hour to build both of them at the most. I went to my LWS and found out the ones they had were wy too expensive and chinsey. So were the bottle straps so i made those too! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by atc250r View Post
    And yes... every now and then i get a little down time. When you work for yourself thats jus how it is sometimes

Yes, and I appreciate my downtime. This job looks marginal, at best. I have no problem paying my LWS for products, or paying more qualified people for work, for things I deem marginal.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Quote Originally Posted by JSFAB View Post
    Yes, and I appreciate my downtime. This job looks marginal, at best. I have no problem paying my LWS for products, or paying more qualified people for work, for things I deem marginal.
    Each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by weldonwelding View Post
    And yes... every now and then i get a little down time. When you work for yourself thats jus how it is sometimes
    I agree, at this point sometimes its worth building a few of your own tools and its great chance to show off some stuff and figure out how long jobs take. Can be 50$ in cash you get to keep in your pocket for the trouble too. I see 50 each, well worth the effort.

Not sure how your laws work, but around here, you have regs attached to your bottles in any form while traveling, its a $250 buck fine each bottle.