Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spoolmatic 1

Default Spoolmatic 1

Ok guys here's the deal, I just got a new TB302 and 30-A spoolgun with wc-24. My question is can I adapt my old spoolmatic 1 to run off of this setup. From what I can see the only difference is the pins on the plug. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas?

Well, if you were to remoove the circuit board out of the Spoolamtic 1, and stick a 10K 2 watt potentiometer into it.

Then you could hookup 2 wires for trigger, 2 wires for motor and 3 wires for the potentiometer.

However gas would be on all the time.

As it stands the existing wiring , 4 wires are for the 35 VDC input to the gun, a brake and contactor control.

So as it stands a Spoolmatic 1 gun cannot be used with a WC-24

Cruizer, thanks for the info. I got the spoolmatic for free, so nothing lost nothing gained.

The WC-1 weld control would be needed to use the SM-1 "as is" with your TB 302 but you already have the more compact and lighter WC-24 and 30A combination.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

trust me id much rather run the 30-a but you can never have enough tools! thanks for all the replies

Keep in mind the SM-1 was a direct connect spoolgun for the early Millermatic 200s with the 4-pin spoolgun receptacle, do not require the WC-1 and are sought after from time to time.
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL

Duaneb55, its funny you mention that machine. The sppolmatic I have came off that very machine. I got it for a good price. I will sell it if someone has a need for it.

I'd say free is a good price.

I don't need another one but if the price is right or for the benefit of anyone that may, what would you ask for it and would you be willing to package it up and ship it?
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL

I have had it for 2 years, and never used it. I paid $40 for it. Make me an offer, i have no problem shipping buyer pays the frieght. I am always open to intresting trades too. I would rather see someone get some use fromt it than have it sit in my shop and collect dust.

Red face spoolmatic 1

Did you sell your spoolmatic 1 yet. I will buy it.
    Scott in Fremont, CA

i'll double your investment

Quote Originally Posted by Art. View Post
    I have had it for 2 years, and never used it. I paid $40 for it. Make me an offer, i have no problem shipping buyer pays the frieght. I am always open to intresting trades too. I would rather see someone get some use fromt it than have it sit in my shop and collect dust.