Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: projects

Quote Originally Posted by Richard8856 View Post
    if you are just starting out welding, on a internet fourm asking for welding ideas you dont need to be trying to weld up a three point hitch, but im sure you think your a hot shot enough to still to it anyways, I just hope I am NEVER behind you on the highway.
    Settle down D.i.c.k...the kid is 16...and work on the proof reading skills, you look like a tool.
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.

call me what you will, but when you have countless threads of people asking for plans or how thick a welding table should be, etc. people who dont want to put a little work in, it gets annoying. this site is full of them. as far as my proof reading skills, i dont care, im posting on a forum not writing a **** book
    Flash me, Im a Welder

"Whether you want to build it or fix it - share advice, ideas, plans and photos."

This is the exact purpose of this Forum, what are you trying to get out of it? No one is forcing you to be here, and we are definately not forcing you to post. If you are annoyed, Leave. Or, surve the purpose of the forum and contribute constructively.
    Last edited by ja baudin; 09-05-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Dynasty 200 DX
    Diversion 180 (FOR SALE)
    Millermatic 350P, XR-Aluma-Pro
    30A Spoolgun
    Lincoln Pro Mig 140
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    14" Rage Evolution 360
    40 ton press brake
    Shop full of tools

Quote Originally Posted by Richard8856 View Post
    call me what you will, but when you have countless threads of people asking for plans or how thick a welding table should be, etc. people who dont want to put a little work in, it gets annoying. this site is full of them. as far as my proof reading skills, i dont care, im posting on a forum not writing a **** book
    save

Dynasty 200 DX
    Diversion 180 (FOR SALE)
    Millermatic 350P, XR-Aluma-Pro
    30A Spoolgun
    Lincoln Pro Mig 140
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    14" Rage Evolution 360
    40 ton press brake
    Shop full of tools

Now that I finally have a detached garage all too myself I have been making my own stuff to suit my needs.

Last edited by rahtreelimbs; 09-05-2012 at 07:01 PM.

It only takes a couple of minutes to answer a post sometimes. No big deal . The person asking might be pressed for time, schooling, homework , two jobs, assisting ma and pa , and whatever. They just don't have the time as some of us do to do a search. Just reply if you want and if not, fine. This is about helping each other.
    By the way, rescue welding, I sent you a pm. I tried posting info but had some kind of admid review come up.

A cool little metal art project we built back in the day in school was fly hooks, all metal and about a foot long. you can sell em if you get them in the right place,ie a fishing/bait/ sportinggoods store. we used cable, baling wire, mig wire, or anything we could think of. Another is if you are in a hunting area, we made european mount deer heads( skull and antlers) all out of pipe and plate, mig welds for texture, lol. Ill see if I can get some pics, but use your imagination.If you are where there are tourists, try to make somthing unique, and you might make a buck or two.

In the past years my wife would go to a big craft fair once year with her friends. They would come back with some metal yard items tagged as made in Mexico. Simple materials mostly 3/16 hr mild steel rod and sheet metal, some adorned with parts available from www.kingmetals.com. Things like smaller trellis, planter stands, sunbursts, etc. It would be tough to compete on price for what they were selling it at that event. But that was only available once a year.
    Maybe find one of those events, go take pictures, choose two or three simple things and make some simple bending fixtures to make more than one of each. Just don't invest too much and keep in mind your learning something in the process. Make up a small amount of each and have a yard sale. By the time you price it for your materials and consumables you'll probably be lucky to break even. What you learn in the process will be priceless.

That is advice coming from a guy that looking back has more regrets about NOT trying something than regrets for trying something.

Good Luck!
    Weld On

Default projects

A project that we did back in high school was a tree stump pencil/pen holder. Basically get a piece of pipe and weld stick weld beads over and over lengthwise down the pipe to create the bark. Then weld it to a piece of plate and make an axe or dress up the stump with a branch or 2 and your done. Good practice for just running beads and if you mess up it just ads character to the bark lol

Click on the resources tab on this web site

If you can't find some project plans from there, maybe near the lower left area of the page, then you might wish to reconsider welding as it requires too many active brain cells