Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multimatic 200

Kevin, I tried that and didn't seem to be able to strike an arc. I'm going to give it another try now and see how it goes. I'll get back to you in a bit. Thanks very much...

Kevin, you're a genius! I could swear that I tried that yesterday with no luck. You know I do have some days when I wonder what the **** I'm doing!

I switched the 200 to remote and the on/off switch, gas and amp dial all seem to work. I really appreciate your help with this. One more question; when I'm trying to tig weld (I say trying because that's all I'm doing right now) and I get a really bright arc is that due to improper cleaning of the workpiece? I know the arc will flare if I touch the tunsten, but I'm getting some really bright arcs every now and then.

how do you like the tig setup homer?

I tried it last week and couldn't get the torch switch to work. I got some advice from Miller Kevin and got everything straightened out. I'm still wrestling with it but I like it. I have pretty large hands so I'm finding it a little difficult to reach the amp control dial on the torch so I ordered a foot pedal from SCC Controls. So far, everything about this machine is...smoooooth! I built myself a cart over the weekend. So far, I haven't exceeded duty cycle yet. How about you? How do you like it?

Default Multimatic 200

I love the machine I'm just now getting the the point I'm wanting a tig setup for the welder

Foot pedal should be here today. That's good because I have some things I want to Tig weld.

Default Multimatic 200

Send me pics I your tig welds at juancarlos20121@live.com

I don't think you want to see it, or should I say, I don't want anyone to see it? I made a fire extinguisher holder for my welding cart today out of 16g. I cut a 5" circle with the plasma cutter and a 1" strip for the lip. I wanted to Tig the joint where the bottom & the lip meet. I started out ok but I made a mess of it pretty quick. I still can't get the hang of tig welding. I don't know if I'm not cleaning the metal good enough or what. I seem to have a hard time seeing the puddle. Anyway, I had to finish it up with my mig torch and then grind everything down. The finished product turned out ok, but it was not material for a how-to video. Very frustrating!

I'm going to break the cart down in the next couple of days so I can wire wheel everything and paint it. I'll send you some pics when I do.