Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multimatic 200

Thumbs up Multimatic 200

I was the first in my area to get this machine ( Multimatic 200 ). I was a little hesitant at first, but I am glad i bought it. This welder is, in my opinion, the best overall welder on the market. I have been welding for a little over 20 years and to have one machine that can mig, tig, stick and incorperate a spool gun is awesome. I find myself looking for stuff to weld just to play with the welder. The only thing its lacking is the ability to cut and to tig aluminium. I am very impressed.

Thanks Barry, this is helpful information!!!

Default Multimatic 200

Quote Originally Posted by SteveBryant View Post
    Thanks Barry, this is helpful information!!!
    Your welcome Steve

Default Multimatic 200

Yes Barry I as well own one and its been one of the best investments I have made and let me tell you it has made it's money back

I have a question on the MM200 that I hope someone can answer. I have a Weldcraft LS17 tig torch with fingertip on/off and amperage controls. When I tig weld, neither of these functions seem to work. I can't control the amperage from the dial and the torch is always live. It won't turn on or off with the torch switch. I'm wondering if it can be because I was welding with the auto-set feature on. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Homer,
    I can't say for sure, but I'll hazard a guess. Now, just to let you know, this isn't a wild a** guess, I'm a retired aviation electronics engineer and I've done a lot of troubleshooting of electrical/electronic equipment to determine why a certain feature may not work properly and how to resolve the issue.

So here's what I think is going on. The wiring of your plug from the Weldcraft LS17 does not match up properly (interface) with the mating input receptacle on the MultiMatic 200. The probable solution would be to review the wiring diagrams for the LS17 and the TIG connector regarding wire function. Is the P/N for your LS17 specific to the MultiMatic 200 or is it designed for another welder? There could be different setups for various applications or they may all be exactly the same. You could also have a broken or disconnected wire on the welder or the torch end. Just some food for thought.

Steve

BTW, I bought the MultiMatic back in September and I think that it's a great welder!

Steve, thank you for the reply. I bought the torch from Cyberweld.com. It was listed as specifically for the Multimatic 200. They had them listed at $174...the cheapest anywhere by far. Now, the same torch is $330. I have written to Weldcraft but have yet to hear back from them.

Do you have dial on the front of the unit set on "Tig Lift Arc Remote" or "Tig Lift Arc" ?
    Kevin Schuh
    Service Technician
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

I originally had it set to Tig - Lift Arc. Then I tried the Tig Lift Arc Remote and got nothing...no arc.

If you have it in "Lift Arc Tig" the tungsten will be hot all the time. You should be using the remote setting and the button on the gun should fire it.
    Kevin Schuh
    Service Technician
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.