Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default trouble with fcaw-s 3g

Im running nr211 mp .045 off a ranger 305 with a ln-25 and no matter setting its looking s#%@, flat is fine downhill is fine but no matter i cant get that smooth flat look with up hill running machine on lug with cv on at 18.3 volt and 136 wfs seem any lower arc becomes unstable its passable welds but not real pretty which gets me mad considering i can lay down 3g up with tig, smaw, mig, and dual shield. Some help from some one experienced in fcaw-s would be great
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts

Im no expert, but did you change polarity to electrode negative?
    Bobcat 225
    12VS
    CST 280
    MillerMatic 211
    Metabo 14' Cut Off Saw
    Metabo Grinders
    Victor O/A
    Dewalt Portable Bandsaw

I sorta answered your post in the other thread, use your dig control in 0 to -10, and of course change your polaritys and switch to negative on your feeder.

Default yep

yeah i was running dcen. Thanx cruizer for the advice i didnt know dig control would affect arc with machine on cv. Funny thing is i was only using this for this job and ran out of wire before being able to take your advice they had a powermig255 dual so did vert up with that hahaha ahh life
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts

Default vantage 400

hey cruizer i know you work on a lot of welders im looking at the 400 for all around mobile repair and fab work what do you think. im a lincoln guy just wondering if the 400 is worth the price and will do mig tig flux well