Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default STT welding process

Hello everyone,
    could somebody tell me which Miller welding unit does the same process as Lincoln Invertec STT II?
    thank you in advance,

Andy

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Solymosi View Post
    Hello everyone,
    could somebody tell me which Miller welding unit does the same process as Lincoln Invertec STT II?
    thank you in advance,

Andy
    My best guess is the Auto-Axcess 450.... but pls feel free to correct me..

http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/AMS_P...Capability.pdf

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...xcess_systems/

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

NONE, Miller has tried to duplicate it, though not successfully. You want STT, use Lincoln

Add Content

Dont doubt Cruizer, he'd know for sure!

It is my understanding that Miller calls that process Regulated Metal Deposition (RMD™) MIG

Here is an article on it..

http://www.millerwelds.com/about/new...rticles82.html

and another..

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...-Easy-to-Learn

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Got this from Joe Ryan at Miller

The Lincoln STT is a Modified Circuit Metal Transfer wire process. The Miller Modified Short Circuit Transfer wire process is called RMD. Both involved a complex wave form. The difference between the two are the programs used to generate the wave and the method to set the machine up to run these processes.

Miller Machines capable of running RMD include:

PipeWorx 400 Welding System

PipePro 300/450

The Access Product Family

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Miller has tried and tried to get it right, I mean they are reasonalbly close, butttt, put an Axcess 450 along side a Lincoln Powerwave 455M in both STT and normal operations. The Lincoln wins out everytime. Plus they are simple to program, and diagnose via a Laptop.

The Axcess,Pipeworx and others not so much as they need a simcard to sorta tell me whats wrong with them.

Some pretty interesting videos on implementations of Miller RMD...

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ac.9sje608fLVo

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

You are looking for the miller pipe works system. demo'd this unit a few months back...i believe its the best bang for your buck out there right now. amazing system!! will be replacing all of my older systems here very soon with this one.
    trail blazer 302
    hypertherm plasma
    millermatic 251
    high feq. arc starter
    suit case (extreme 12vs)
    o/a torches
    way to many other tools to list