Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Destroyed....

Unhappy Destroyed....

65 Belvedere MAX Wedge Tribute car....

While not strictly about welding and motorsports... it is worth thinking about the thousands of careful hours, spent meticulosly in welding, fabrication, mechanical, paint and interior...
    that went into the construction of this beautiful tribute car....

AND..

how quickly and violently it can be undone...

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...=Yahoo%21+Mail

should be a good think piece for the younger crowd that never seem to consider the possible impact after all that exciting acceleration..
    Last edited by H80N; 08-17-2012 at 01:17 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

What a waste. That was a sweet ride.

Cool

Sad indeed. I had a '65 Belvedere in HS. Sold it to a guy and he never paid me for it. Found the car but he died a year ago. Car is still sitting...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

I had a friend that had a 64 Belvedere that he class raced in the 70s.
    That link has been disconnected or at least the content is no longer there.

Quote Originally Posted by big mike View Post
    I had a friend that had a 64 Belvedere that he class raced in the 70s.
    That link has been disconnected or at least the content is no longer there.
    Link isn't working for me either. Shame because I wanted to see it.

My brother had a 64 Max Wedge. Early 64 with the 426 Wedge engine. The later cars had the 426 Hemi engine. My brother bought his from Blair Speed Shop in Pasadena, CA. They had a pair of them. His was tan, the other was red.

He was racing brackets at Lions in '68. Last run of the night for the money, in the lights at the big end when a brand new Mopar tie rod end separated and the car did an instant hard left turn. From the right lane with a big lead, backed into the left guard rail and bounced off to get t-boned by the other car. Both cars were completely totalled. Even the Wedge block was broken. Both drivers walked away. Time slip said 11.27 @ 127mph. That means 127 mph spinning, crashing into the guard rail, and tumbling out of the lights with the other car.

PS...No GoPro of it though...It was a little before that technology.

Default Found the pictures

I located the story & photos posted at a different forum. In short, "A young man while high on methamphetamine stole this Black Beauty and crashed it into a tree at a reported 150 mph."

Photos:
    Before: Bel1.jpg
    After: bel2.jpg

Unhappy

Sad i'v seen that on another forum also that was a nice car.