Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Question New hood for my digital ellite adf some sugestion need

So i got a digital elite the flat black one and im tired to get my ears burn because the helmet is not protecting enough for me so i want to take the adf and put it in and other brand of hood that look like the fibre metal pipeliner because i really love this helmet is compact and protect very good so do you have some sugestion guys . im not going back whit a miller hood for sure

If you ears are getting burned you are doing something wrong. Is this from overhead welding? If so, you need to get yourself a welders cap, just put it on with the bill protecting your up side ear.
    Also, as I am sure your computer told you, 'whit' isn't a word, might try listening to your spell check.

yea get a welders cap and ear plugs just turn the bib down over the ear that is facing up so it will block the bb's if anything makes it through the bib on the hat the ear plugs will keep it from entering the ear canal witch can be very painfull.if the bib on the hat isn't bib enogh to cover your ear try a over sized bandana i know that don't make them around here so you might just go to a fabric store and get a yard or two and have the wife stitch some up for ya.

i agree "whit" them guys

Default New hood for my digital ellite adf some sugestion need

I'm thinking you have it adjusted wrong. Move the head piece forward so it tucks your ear in a bit. I have a digi and never had the problem your talking about

okok i will try that out maybe beacause i buy the new headgear and its adjust wrong i will chek that out and by the way im french so im not use to talk English so give me a chance lol .