Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerboy View Post
    Trust me im a tried and true miller guy, but im up in the air now. And there aint nothing more that I love than buying a new machine!
    Then buy a new Syncrowave!

I have a syncro 180sd, and im gonna bump up to a 250, already convinced myself.

I was getting pretty excited about buying a 200dx, but when I heard about the 280 coming out soon I decided to sit back and wait. Im really getting leary now hearing about these costly problems, and as the machines get old and outdated parts will only get more expensive. Trust me im a tried and true miller guy, but im up in the air now. And there aint nothing more that I love than buying a new machine!

Yeah I'm waiting for the 280 also....oh well my 280 fund is depleted now...
    DYNASTY 200DX
    SPECTRUM 625
    MM 251
    BWE

I have a syncro 180sd, and im gonna bump up to a 250, already convinced myself.
    That's what I run and it's a beast!

Yeah bro I have one at work, and it is truely a beast. I wanna own that beast! Cheers!

Default Dynasty 200DX No High Frequency

Same deal with me!!!

I bought my Dynasty 200DX new in Dec.2004 and had no problems until now - 9 years later...
    Wednesday at work... Used it all day - no problems... Thursday, come in - morning coffee.... Turn it on like normal with a regular boot up with no error messages - but NO HF!!!! Had to switch over to lift arc to get me through the day... Almost 9 years old - trouble free... and BANG - problems...

I think the farmers motto applies here... Only the 1st new tractor is the expensive one... Better to regularly trade-up so you plan to be out only your $$$ difference minus any headaches... So you stay current...

I didn't think Blue Lightning and the 4 added waveforms were enough to make me trade up... but I should have traded up with the times and never looked back...

If you look back at the older complaints posted here and elsewhere - you'll see that Miller engineers had to come up with a refreshed new model (Blue Lightning) per their complaints/life cycle tests... "I smelled the rain, and with it pain, and it's headed my way..."

If you use these tools for your trade, use eBay to move your old machine and then be happy to add your $$$ difference... Don't begrudge it... Take your share of the depreciation. Be happy knowing the headaches you have spared yourself; and continuously know the thrill of the new, latest, and greatest machines...
    Last edited by t1113rs; 07-12-2013 at 04:41 PM.
    XMT 350 w/ S-75 DXA Feeder
    and a Bernard 300 gun
    Optima Pulsing Pendant
    XR-W wire feeder + Coolmate 4
    with an XR-W Edge Gun

Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    Regular Passport

Dynasty 200DX
    Trailblazer 301G w/Freak Box &
    S-32P volt sensing wire feeder

Spectrum 1000 Plasma
    Spectrum 375 Xtreme Plasma
    Regular Spectrum 375 Plasma

Victor H315FC torch & accessories
    Victor 100FC torch & accessories
    Meco torch & accessories by Kent White

I don't know your serial#, but it sounds like pc7, your arc starter board has lit. Quite common. and quite an easy fix.

Also could be a simple qlitch, have you reset the machine??

Default Lf227875

My serial # is LF227875
    Stock # 907099-01-1

Yes, I reset the machine and tried another pedal just to be sure... I will open the cover and check the primary voltage before the HF coil like you told the other guy; just for my own curiosity, before I take it in...

I've been using a 350DX from another department with a bunch of old guys who still keep using this 30 year old Lincoln and were leaving this 350DX sit alone in a corner... They considered it too "new fangled". I've resolved to never let myself turn into one of those guys...
    XMT 350 w/ S-75 DXA Feeder
    and a Bernard 300 gun
    Optima Pulsing Pendant
    XR-W wire feeder + Coolmate 4
    with an XR-W Edge Gun

Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    Regular Passport

Dynasty 200DX
    Trailblazer 301G w/Freak Box &
    S-32P volt sensing wire feeder

Spectrum 1000 Plasma
    Spectrum 375 Xtreme Plasma
    Regular Spectrum 375 Plasma

Victor H315FC torch & accessories
    Victor 100FC torch & accessories
    Meco torch & accessories by Kent White

Don't touch the freaking unit, if your going to take it in, take it in. If your going to replace pc-7, then replace it yourself. www.miller4less.com

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    The shop just called me. One bad IGBT $350 and One bad board $75. $130 labor They said the HF works its just the other problems causing it not to work. They said that is why I was having so much of a problem trying to lift arc what I was welding also with the bad IGBT the current was real hard to maintain. It is the bottom snubber board. Also the one I found the dirt dauber nest on. Hmm I think they may have killed my machine. FM

One hand I think about trying to get the parts, and matching up the IGBT since I have found 200A 1200VDC IGBT's for $200
    Hey! Just got my 200DX a couple of months ago. Not had any problems yet. My opinion-they are like a new car, under warranty-get the bugs out! I will pay the price to get mine fixed, up to a point-then say, "Time for a NEW ONE"