Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What they did is stick a small plastic hose in the other vent hose. While it helps, the engine still double fuels, and still locks up.

If you just fill the tank up to the full mark, there is not enough to run for a 12 hr shift. If you fuill it right up (in the neck) You have lots. NO ONE IS GOING TO WATCH THE FUEL GAGE, they stick the nozzle in and wait for the nozzle to click. Its way too high then. Do you watch your cars fuel gage, NOPE, you wait for the click. This Lincoln idea is STUPID.

Asking the horse. :-) I'll post Lincoln's response once I get it.
    ==============
    Miller 211 MVP
    Hobart StickMate LX 235
    Lincoln AC 225
    CutMaster 42

The horse says:

"The fuel fill “problem” you are hearing about is due to new EPA regulations that no longer allow us to vent the fuel tanks out of the gas cap. The issue arises when the fuel tank is overfilled. Once this happens, pressure builds up, and gas flows into the carburetor. If it is filled to where the gauge reads full it will be fine.

We have since made a couple of improvements to the system. In the early fall of 2012, we installed a loop to raise the hose above the fuel level and prevent flow into the carb. More recently, we have retooled the tank to position the valve higher on the neck and alleviate the issue.

This should only apply to machines built in 2012, up until the improvements, and only on gas engines."
    ==============
    Miller 211 MVP
    Hobart StickMate LX 235
    Lincoln AC 225
    CutMaster 42

Perhaps in order to stay within the regulations they could vent the gas tank via a closed overflow tank with a drain so you could recover the gas.--Meltedmetal

The early 2012 305's had the vent about 8" up on the neck, with the new location 10" above the neck and they raised the hose. This sort of helped with the unwanted fueling of the engine overnight. But it doesn't help with the double fueling, and the engine locking up.

My solution still stands.

hi i am having striking an arc with my 98 lincoln sa300. it was suggested to check with you to see if there was anything you could advise. i have checked my leads, checked and cleaned brushes.
    thank you