Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Might be Adding a little Red to the collection....

Have not been on the board in a while, been very busy, work, and my personal work has kept me out. I have been fixing another service truck to sell, and will be moving my legend 302 onto that truck. Since miller does not make the legend anymore, Im considering the Lincoln 305g, like the fact the welder is a little shorter, (fits the maintainer srv body bettar). Also the fact the 305 is about 70lbs lighter is nice as the weight of srv trucks adds up fast. Like the low, and hi speed settings on the 305 to. From what I have read its a great welder, will be meeting with the Lincoln rep to see how she welds.
    Kevin
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25
    Ford f450 Maintainer Srv Truck

Lightbulb Smart choices.

Do the comparisons and make sure you get what you need and spend your money wisely.

I have two 302's. One gas and one diesel. awesome machines and very versitile
    Mustangs Forever!

Miller equipment.

Default Might be Adding a little Red to the collection....

I have a 305 and welded with miller for years I like mine it does it all and haven't had a problem out of it. It's a nice machine

Miller makes a Trailblazer 325 millers version or a Lincoln Ranger 305G, The Trailblazer is smaller lighter a tad more powerfull than the ranger and it can weld at idle, i would check out both before i purchase one you might like the blue one better, just my 2cents.

Yep the Trailblazer is a nice machine providing you can find one that actually works properly. Most appear to be screwed before leaving the factory.

As for the Ranger, please do the following modification BEFORE you even start it.

Drill out the upper sides of the cap, with a 1/16 drill bit. Drill out the 4 indentations inside the cap. Cut and plug the fuel tank vent line. vent line is to the right of the spark plug lead. Merely cut it and plug both ends.

Emmision reguirements state that you can't merely vent the gas tank to the atmosphere. However, it kinda nice to fill up the fuel tank neck for extra welding time. If you do fill up the neck witout this mod. you will double fuel the carb when the engine is running. or if you let the unit sit overnight fuel will enter the carb and then go down the engine into a waiting cylinder/ Locking it up and likely destroying it when you go to fire it in the day time.

This mod lets you fill it right up, like the old versions.

To many destroyed engines so far, with guys not reading the manual or sticker on the tank

Holy crap a 305g's engine can seize if you overfill the tank? Good grief! That's like an "autokill" feature built right in.

Many thanks for the warning and bypass instructions.
    Dynasty 350
    Bobcat 250
    Maxstar 150S
    Titanium 9400
    Purox O/A
    Cutmaster 42

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Emmision reguirements state that you can't merely vent the gas tank to the atmosphere. However, it kinda nice to fill up the fuel tank neck for extra welding time. If you do fill up the neck witout this mod. you will double fuel the carb when the engine is running. or if you let the unit sit overnight fuel will enter the carb and then go down the engine into a waiting cylinder/ Locking it up and likely destroying it when you go to fire it in the day time.
    fyi Cruizer, this is no longer the case on any new Rangers. My local repair shop has confirmed this with Lincoln.

Really, cause I run a welder repair/rental shop. The machines are still comming in with the frigged up venting system

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Really, cause I run a welder repair/rental shop. The machines are still comming in with the frigged up venting system
    Really really, check with your Lincoln rep to be sure, but I was told that earlier this year the over fueling issue was resolved through an engineering change.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Mansfield View Post
    Really really, check with your Lincoln rep to be sure, but I was told that earlier this year the over fueling issue was resolved through an engineering change.
    I am a Lincoln service rep...