Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Multimatic 200 Questions

Steve I'm happy for you I have a mm211 and I was very impressed with the multimatic. Bakers Gas is local to me if you have any issues let me know I can advise you of who to get ahold of for problem resolution. As you said there aren't many places left with the level of customer service Bakers Has.
    Never Satisfied

Millermatic 211
    Maxstar 150STL
    Metabos
    Kennedy Maintenance Pro Full
    Makita Cordless 18v Li-Ion
    Stihl TS 420

Timfrank88@live.com

I have the same decision to make I'm unclear which welder to choose. I have been welding for 5 years now I'm not just a hobby welder I weld for a living but either at work or at home It's rare for me to be welding 1/2 inch steel. I usually weld from 16ga up to 1/4 inch steel anywhere from fence panels up to trailers.I love the portability of the multimatic 200 and I think it's sufficient power for my needs but I hate the prize or I'm thinking about the millermatic 211 which I hear nothing but good reviews . FYI I also sometimes get side jobs where I have to take welder out to the field.Any input is much appreciated, is the multimatic 200 good enough power for me?

Juan Carlos,
    I think that the Multimatic does an exceptional job on 1/4" to 3/8" mild steel when it is plugged into 220 V. It even does fine on 1/8" to 3/16" steel on 110 V. I haven't tried any flux core wire yet, but I plan to this summer so that I won't have to take any gas to weld on MIG on some occasions away from my shop. I also plan to compare the flux core versus stick results.

The technology of an inverter to convert variable input voltages into smooth DC (either CC or CV) and the microprocessor control and display of the welding processes are the things that allow light weight, small size and portability in the Multimatic 200. These newer technologies are what drive up the relative costs and yet allow the portability. If you didn't want the portability, and only wanted a MIG machine, I'd just go with the 211. But in that you do want the portability and mostly weld 1/4" and under steel, I'd say you couldn't beat the Multimatic. In five years, you'll still be glad you have the machine and you'll have forgotten about the price.

Steve

Thanks Steve for ur comment I will be ordering my machine this Friday and was wondering what the other fellow welders think about this machine just not so sure because of the 20% duty cycle at 150a

I made it throough 1:30 of this video before I shut it off. This guy makes me want to go to accounting school