Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Some Welding Projects....Looking For Opinions !!!

The following are several pics of some welding projects I recently completed. I am largely self taught with the most time on MIG welding. TIG and Stick have only been recently.

These were all done with metal I scrounged or had on hand.

The first is a torch stand (made from stainless that was TIG welded).....It accomdates Stick, MIG and TIG torches.

Last edited by rahtreelimbs; 07-18-2012 at 07:37 PM.

I suggest you do not hang your tig torch by the cup and I also suggest you change the angle so the weight of the lead is not pulling on the torch as it is now. Too much stress at than angle in my opinion.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

I agree with monte. You might be able to cut out some of flat washer on the side so the narrow part of torch will slide in.

I made a tig torch holder with a magnetic base and is adjustable . It's in the "projects" part of the forum. It holds the torch not creating any strain on it.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge