Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by go2building View Post
    1/3, hope you have harder questions than that to deal with.
    As for wages you can go on any state labor website to find what the prevailing wages for that area are, if your pay is less than that then your not making top wages in your field.
    5/2 of people struggle with fractions.

Default Best welder in the world

Seriously I give up ... All that matters to me is I get top dollar in my area... I always am the first to hire out on a job and the last to get cut... I've earned my spot
    in the best fab shop around at the best table and I make the most money in the shop... I'm the guy the lead fitter goes to when he has a question ... I'm the guy who gets a helper full time ..... I'm the guy who they go to to weld procedures or to make a tough weld..... Hmmmmm. Mabye that's why they call me dr. Pipe Nuff said I'm not the greatest in the world but I'm one of the top three in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by drpipe View Post
    Seriously I give up ... All that matters to me is I get top dollar in my area... I always am the first to hire out on a job and the last to get cut... I've earned my spot
    in the best fab shop around at the best table and I make the most money in the shop... I'm the guy the lead fitter goes to when he has a question ... I'm the guy who gets a helper full time ..... I'm the guy who they go to to weld procedures or to make a tough weld..... Hmmmmm. Mabye that's why they call me dr. Pipe Nuff said I'm not the greatest in the world but I'm one of the top three in my area.
    This situation bears striking resemblance to

A vacuum cleaner salesman talking smack In a biker bar….

You just know it won’t end well
    …..

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Smile

How many weldors in the shop? 3 maybe. If you are such a good weldor, let others brag about you. A good pat on the back for a job well done goes a long way and will make others think more of you. If you constantly brag about yourself then my friend you are heading down a lonely road. You come on as a very arrogant azz to most people on this forum and you never contribute positive views. Try a different approach and you will see better results concerning you. Dr. Pipe you are your own worst enemy.

Wheelchair
    Last edited by Wheelchair; 07-19-2012 at 04:38 PM.

had a kid come out last week and put in a application, claimed to be a danged good weldor if not the best ive ever seen..... (first mistake) he also claimed to be able to read print and estimate jobs faster and better than my estimator (me) (second mistake)

so, i did the only thing i knew to do, tossed 3 plates on the table, asked him to set it up for a dt test, 3g, and give me 3/16 reinforcement. tossed another 2 pieces on the table and asked for a t joint and a single pass 5/16 fillet... easy enough? i pulled the machine over and spun all the dials to "0" and handed him the gun... knucklehead had the gall to ask me where i had the settings at.... (3rd strike)

to prove a final point, i pulled a tape on the table, locked it and asked for a hatch mark at 3 different measurements and he had to count the lines... sent him packing with a quickness...

the morale of the story is: usually, when the arrogance and bravado is overbearing, its to make up from a serious lack of actual skills...

ive seen it entirely too much in my life and i aint even 40 years old yet!!! saw it in the army, saw it while working as a fabricator for the sign shop, see it real regular as a welding/ fab shop owner...

goober should just be quiet and learn instead of bumping their gums and miss out on a better paycheck...

fyi, drpipe, i pay my foreman 58 bucks an hour just to show up and i bought his danged hood for him.... lmmfao!!!
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com

Unhappy DrPipe "Golden Arm" videos....

Here I was going to better myself with these excellent educational resources but I can't find em....

Golden Arm 1-9.....????

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...treply&t=28621

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

The Peoples Republic of Southern California

Well at least i know when to give up......Attachment 29976

Some folks are just a legend in there own mind....Attachment 29977

And i leave him with with this.....emot-flame.gif.....smiley-mad0240.gif
    Backed my CATMA over your CARMA
    OOP"S clumsy me

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Digital Elite (new)
    Jackson EQC master (old)
    Miller Trail Blazer 302 Air Pak
    Spectrum 625 Extreme
    Suitcase 12RC
    Evolution Rage 3 saw
    Victor O/A
    Craftsmen Atlas 12X36 Lathe
    Half a ton of tooling
    Rusty old truck

Quote Originally Posted by killdozerd11 View Post
    Well at least i know when to give up......Attachment 29976

Some folks are just a legend in there own mind....Attachment 29977

And i leave him with with this.....emot-flame.gif.....smiley-mad0240.gif
    Killdozer..your lunar tribute works, but the other two attachments deadend...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

''Seriously I give up ... All that matters to me is I get top dollar in my area... I always am the first to hire out on a job and the last to get cut... I've earned my spot ''

That explains it. LAST TO GET CUT ! Guess YOUR EMPLOYERS DON'T AGREE WITH YOU ! If you were that good you would not be getting cut ! An employer would do whatever it takes to keep good people. Thanks for sharing.

This thread is very sad. I started to read it when it was first started but quickly found it going no where soon. I work industrial construction and maintance out of Detroit Michigan for a decent size contracter named Mid American Group. We specalize in shotcrete and refactory with 70% of our profits in that market. We also have a nuclear power, ironworking and millright devision. It is well know in the shop and around the industry that ironworkers and fitters can be quite arrogant. It gives the trade a bad name. I am sure that there are some amazing welders on this forum. Being a mechanic and a welder myself I am just happy to be working in the current Detroit economy. Because of my skillset my rmplyer found that I can work in many diffrent situations some times as a shotcrete tech/operator because I can fix a pump when it does go down, but also as an iron worker because of my welding ability. Recently we hired a well known big wig ironworker from a competetor named Songer one of the larger structural welding companys based in Detroit. His arrogance was amazing. Because of the different devisions of the company I work for there are 4 shops and 2 warehouses but the ironworkers felt entitled to take anything they wanted from anywhere. When my company bought this iron worker a new 3500 6.6 duramax ltz he bragged about how he will have it payed off in 6 months. He would also tell us just how much more money he was goin to make my company. Well after all of his bragging when his first couple jobs went south we fired him. Now it wasnt just himself that good things were said about him but because he built him self up so high he couldnt even meet his own standards that he stated he could. It was a really quite sad it gave alot of ironworkers a bad name and made it more difficult for other trades to respect the welders. I am just happy to be working in this Michigan economy. It is great we have a place to go on this forum talk about work hobbies and ask advice across the world thanks to Miller but I dont think that argiing about who the best welder is what Miller wanted to come from this forum.
    Never Satisfied

Millermatic 211
    Maxstar 150STL
    Metabos
    Kennedy Maintenance Pro Full
    Makita Cordless 18v Li-Ion
    Stihl TS 420

Timfrank88@live.com