Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by drpipe View Post
    40 an hour is top wages ..... I'm not stupid I know the rates around the country unless your chasing bacon jobs most hands don't make more than 34-37 an hour lets see some of there's jobs your talking about
    Union jobs LOCAL 597 Pipefitters Chicago and suburbs, Illinois. My pension check being retired is more than some guys make.
    Actually, when I turn 62 I'll be sitting on my ass in AC collecting $35.00 per
    hour wit social security and pension funds.

Default Best welder in the world

Bd1 if it wasn't for the corrupt unions of Chicago and the obama loving state of Illinois in general you would have been burning rod for a **** of of a lot less .

Default Best welder in the world

I'm not a typical from the shoulder to the holder hand I'm also a 24 karat fitter and pipe designer hey smartas.s what's half of of 2/3 ... I bet that kept you busy for a minute .... Lol .....: ask me any question and I'll gladly answer it about pipe fitting .... Cause it's obvious I'm already the best welder here

I'm not a typical from the shoulder to the holder hand I'm also a 24 karat fitter and pipe designer hey smartas.s what's half of of 2/3 ... I bet that kept you busy for a minute .... Lol .....: ask me any question and I'll gladly answer it about pipe fitting .... Cause it's obvious I'm already the best welder here
    is this guy always like this????????????????????

I seriously doubt that ol drpipe can weld at all.

Welding is very difficult with your arm in a sling (from spraining your shoulder, patting yourself on the back).
    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
    More grinders than hands

and here we thought that Elvis had left the building......

how silly of us..............................

OOppss.... NOPE just another guy in an Elvis suit jumping out of an airplane...

looks like the rest of them... just louder.....

guess Elvis is STILL dead.....

no shortage of impersonators...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JbBVKQDTWQ
    Last edited by H80N; 07-19-2012 at 09:46 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

40 an hour is top wages ..... I'm not stupid I know the rates around the country unless your chasing bacon jobs most hands don't make more than 34-37 an hour lets see some of there's jobs your talking about
    I worked in Yellowknife and Fort Simpson for quite a while, where a burger and fries exceeds $20 bucks. $40 /hr doesn't cut it for lodging (as you have to live somewhere) grocerys and such. Mind you I was a Aircraft Engineer at the time making $45/hr back in 1992. Here the average wage for a jouneyman welder exceeds $50/hr for shop, and over $100/hr full supply as a rig welder.
    Last edited by cruizer; 07-19-2012 at 09:50 AM.

1/3, hope you have harder questions than that to deal with.
    As for wages you can go on any state labor website to find what the prevailing wages for that area are, if your pay is less than that then your not making top wages in your field.

Bd1 if it wasn't for the corrupt unions of Chicago and the obama loving state of Illinois in general you would have been burning rod for a **** of of a lot less .
    It's not the UNION , it's mostly governors ! They do a term in office and then
    they go to camp. One of those country club jails.
    As far as burning rod, once I mastered it as you have,[ in a few hours,] I moved on to the next level. Running work, estimating , and into office. I just did what many here have done and others that are working towards doing .
    Pipe Designer ? What pipe have you designed there ??? Are you like Ralph Laureen, Chaps , or that Tommy Hilfinger ?
    Fitter ? What's that you do, hold up a fitting to a piece of pipe? And when you nod your head do they hit it ? That would explain a lot. Those hits on head and being dropped on head at any age can cause problems, as we can see.
    Do use a rule? I bet those little lines confuse you . Or, do you just say like five and four lines.
    I know, you being the smartest have a rule marked indicating what each is, 1/8''1/4 , 3/8 . etc. Actually, you probably take it to bed with you to see how long you sleep. Thanks for keeping me laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by weld007 View Post
    is this guy always like this????????????????????
    Yes, he is.

Guys, guys, guys... Why do you continue to feed the monster? If everybody ignored him and never replied to any of his posts, he would eventually get lonesome playing with himself, and go somewhere else. Or (doubtful) get his act together.

It can be fun to jerk his chain, but that just gives him more opportunities.

Think about it.