Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Digital Elite Hood - How to Replace Batteries?

Can anyone tell me how to R&R the batteries in a Miller Digital Elite helmet without using a crowbar, a sawzall or a BFH?

I've been messing with mine for over an hour without any progress, and the owner's manual isn't exactly clear.

i use my little pocket knife to pop them out . i changed them one time so far and they popped right out. when your talking them out it does look like the bracket holding them in will break but if you go easy on it you'll be fine.i replaced them with energizer and it has been workin fine for the past 8 or 9 months.

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    i would have to say that battery info is wrong. unless there is something speacial about my elite shield and i don't think there is i replaced mine with energizer's and it works fine. i have been having the energizers in it for months now with no problems.

The Peoples Republic of Southern California

Had my DE for almost 2 years and still running the same batteries

But i don't weld every day and i run mine in X mode all the time when welding
    Backed my CATMA over your CARMA
    OOP"S clumsy me

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Digital Elite (new)
    Jackson EQC master (old)
    Miller Trail Blazer 302 Air Pak
    Spectrum 625 Extreme
    Suitcase 12RC
    Evolution Rage 3 saw
    Victor O/A
    Craftsmen Atlas 12X36 Lathe
    Half a ton of tooling
    Rusty old truck

Quote Originally Posted by tommy2069 View Post
    i would have to say that battery info is wrong. unless there is something speacial about my elite shield and i don't think there is i replaced mine with energizer's and it works fine. i have been having the energizers in it for months now with no problems.
    I think this was from a couple of years ago. I know the earlier Miller's had threads on battery replacement where they did have issues.

Thanks for the replies fellas. I still have not broken out the crowbar or sawzall to get the batteries out...went back to a regular hood for time being.

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    I think this was from a couple of years ago. I know the earlier Miller's had threads on battery replacement where they did have issues.
    could be when i replaced the batteries in my shield i was trying to find the panasonics but no body sells them around here other than online so i took a chance on the energizers. when i took my old batteries out and went to put the new ones in i couldn't see any reason they wouldn't work because of a lip they dropped right in my shield is about 3 years old. like you said maybe the older ones had a diferent setup and people complained so they changed it to take other brand battieries.