Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jfk92 View Post
    BD1 - oh no you didn't. maaaaaaan. I was FINALLY coming to terms w/not hunting for the 211...and that minimal $ was one of the biggest hurdles for me to overcome....there goes a month or so of self therapy in talking myself into the 180.....i'm just a hammerhead that is taking his first welding class next month (adult program at a local voc. school) as a hobbyist...

off to go find my therapy tapes to listen to again - now I think I want the 211 all over again!
    You know YOU WANT ONE ! 211 ! I am not SORRY for posting that ! I'am sorry about hijacking the cart thread. There is a thread on another site where a guy is selling his 180 to buy a 211. The 110 volt feature alone will convince you. Admit
    it, IT'S A DONE DEAL ! Please do not deprive YOURSELF of what you really want.

Nice cart, you need to find a better place to buy steel though! That is a lot of money for that little bit of tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    Nice cart, you need to find a better place to buy steel though! That is a lot of money for that little bit of tubing.
    hummmm...we did not see his new 45 bucks scrap pile .

just pulling legs here, since i can't tell were the steel sources are from posters location sometime you have to pay more to get it asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bistineau View Post
    Those little tanks could have gone Under the MM180, and left room outback for the larger tank, or an O/A torch set up. As it is, that thing will never fly. Unless you use it to build a Trebuchet, then it might go somewhere. Looks like a handy addition to your new MIG. Add bigger wheels for easier manuvering.
    The bottom space is reserved for my stick welder just haven't mounted it down there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    Oh.. i got about 10 foot of steel left over. My cost assessment was for steel that was used, roll of flux wire, wheels, and paint.

Your cart looks very nice. Just out of curiosity, is your welder secured to the cart?
    Nick

Stop thinking about the 211. Be the happy owner of a 180. After your class and a few projects you are going to want to drop the extra money on the MM252 and that 180 will only get used when you have to drag it off to your friends house to weld something. May as well get some use out of it before that happens.
    BTW I know of what I say. I started out as a hobbyist who had a few classes in high school, bought a MM185, left my corporate job and opened a welding and fab company and now own 7 different welders. Once you're hooked, you're hooked. Pretty soon you'll be pawning the wife jewelry to buy welding stuff. Good luck, start saving for the 252, but then after that is the MM350p. You are going to want that eventually, so you may as well skip the 252 and go straight to the pulsing monster!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    Your cart looks very nice. Just out of curiosity, is your welder secured to the cart?
    Nick
    Yes, it's mounted with 4 self tapping screws through the cross supports under the welder.