Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ohh I got plenty of pics I've posted quite a few ill gladly post more after the holiday when I get back to work but right now I'm headed to the lake to blow off off my cannon ... That I made it is ten inch xx pipe it fires 1/2 pound of black powder ....... Here's one of my flawless pipe welds done in a nasty local refinery 8010 bead 7018 fill cap
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks real good. I was never really all that pleased with my consistency, other people thought they were fine but I never really liked the looks of my welds all that much. Some guys are gifted and I know Flange J and a couple others post some real nice stuff but the dr here is more my style. More fluid, less tedious for lack of better wording.

I have ran into a few engineers too, in most cases they are way smarter than I am, I have ran into a few who must have thought that degree was as good as any, they got the paper, maybe super specialized too who knows. Seen a mechanical that didn'tnt know what a Lovejoy was. Thought they had to engineer this part from scratch, ha. But for the most part they can solve stuff I don't have a clue about.

A couple I have met who were surprising and about as good as any better inerin some sense had high school diploma.

I was on job a while back, as I recall I was the crane operator and there was a problem with the facility, sour gas pspongesopnges or something and Shell had sent a white hat or 2 to look this over and of course the operator Shell hands were, well, distant to say the least and I am chatting this guy up and pretty much nod and agree (I don't have a clue) but they were paying by the hour to stand there,,, so finally this guy goes over to talk to the hands a few ft away. He points to me and says,,, this guy (pointing to me) and I think this or that,,, was funny as **** because I know these guys, they all look over,,, oh yeah???? with this struck look, they know I absolutely don't know squat.

I don't recall all details at the moment but he liked me,,, all I did was agree that it was a possibility and that it kind of made sense, not rocket science couldn't couldnt see much downside to the logic that since we didnt have gas flow there might be a plugged pipe.
    Last edited by Sberry; 07-04-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Default Few pics from work

Sberry you are a kool Kat with a ton of interesting stories

I wasn't always a shining employee when I was on the loose out in the world. I was a compulsive job hopper a lot of the time with a poor attitude fueled by some hi octane barley pop most of the time,,, or recovering, ha Sometime I might finish the one about DD the barmaid and the Mennonite tank builder.

Default they all look good to me but.... as long as they passed the x-ray

Here is a few of mine they where all welded to b31.1 steam code. 2 where sch 40 3" and some 10" and 8" sch 40
    johns weld1.jpg
    johns weld5.jpg
    johns weld7.jpg
    johns weld6.jpg
    Last edited by Pipewelder101; 07-22-2012 at 09:50 PM.

I like those, the last one is really my style, I don't care for the butterfly weave, I like the fluid smooth look.

hey drpipe thats a nice looking weld

S.berry you should have been a politician because you sure do have alot of duplomacy ( I mean that in a Good way )

Dr. Pipe I dont know you and I dont doubt that you a great pipe welder but please remember, we are here to share information so try to go easy on people trying to share imformation.
    If some one gives bad imformation then by all means feel free to bust there chops but from what I seen the guy was just showing some welds that he did.

I always look at a glass as being 1/2 full than 1/2 empty.