Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 74hotrod View Post
    I honestly felt sorry for you when you were crying on your censored rant,until now I know the mods were right on target.I posted a pic from work and now you(and only you) came out saying how crappy everyone's weld is except yours and only you and your goldenarm can perform to the standerds.I do know that when this board dries up and no one will post pics or anything about welding on the forum because of wanna be's like you. Then the problem will be addressed as needed.
    YEP !
    Well, I guess he's a legend in his own mind. I'm surprised that he doesn't have
    his own website or school.

Default Few pics from work

Funny all you do in this thread is try to poke at me and get me to insult you back .... You have not once tried to answer anything I have asked or addressed anything I have pointed out ... I know I can weld...... I know that most people who have chatted with me on these boards know I can weld ... There is know doubt at all that I'm a great welder ... Fitter .... Fabricator yeah I'm coc. Ky so what ..... You can bearlly weld I doubt I would consider you a journeyman , don't feel sorry for me bub ..... I'm not going to insult you or call you names.... I had no intention of hyjacking your thread ... There great pics of a guy breaking out as a Weldor .... I am a very direct individual sorry if your feelings were hurt here in my oilfield feelings are left at the house.

Pepole tolerate some guys when demand is high, my patience would have worn thin at some point, probably way before the unplugging the rod oven to plug in the radio incident, then to argue about it would have been the last straw. At some point no matter how good a guy is at it the pain in the azz factor outweighs it.

Aint nothing like firing a guy first thing in the morning to put a little spark in the rest of the gang, this would have been a gift for that.

Its nice to see uphillers fued and complain as much as downhillers. Boy what I would give to work on a nice cement slab, versus the ditch I've been laying in.

Nice pics and thanks for sharing.

Paranoid unfounded fear or not one reason I never headed to pipeline work was I cant stand working in mud, dry dirt is bad enough but greasy mud especially with my own equipment is just to much of an emotional challenge to face every day.

Quote Originally Posted by drpipe View Post
    Funny all you do in this thread is try to poke at me and get me to insult you back .... You have not once tried to answer anything I have asked or addressed anything I have pointed out
    Not True on your first post I told you that we had to follow a procedure and then you begain to say that I couldn't tote the metal of a 1/8" to cap.The only reason for these photos posted is to allow those people on here that doesn't have the opportunity to see this type of work performed.i havent asked a question about my welds as to whether or not they need to be better, I know I need to perform better welds. In the future I won't post anymore pics about my work just so I won't be the reason of anymore of your censored or deleted post.BTW where are your pics of your welds so we may see just what a goldenarm welds look like?
    Last edited by 74hotrod; 07-04-2012 at 05:39 AM.
    Miller AEAD-200LE
    Lincoln AC/DC tombstone
    Victor OC\AC flaming tomahawk
    Metabo's

The Peoples Republic of Southern California

Don't let him bug you post what you want ...thicken your skin some

I like seeing pics of things i don't do ..My father did pipe and then he got smart and bought a backhoe and other equipment and quit pipe welding

A procedure is something that is made up by engineers for people to follow
    and if some folk think there smarter than the engineer then they need to march right up to them and tell them there all wrong and why there wrong .
    97% of the time that will get you canned....
    Engineers have a high opinion of themselves too and since the welder has maybe the experience he does not have the college degrees so the welder loses unless something goes wrong then the blame is on the engineer unless he can show the welder didn't follow procedure

I have only talked to a few engineers and some are pretty smart and some have no practical knowledge one that was in my welding class was telling about something he wanted to do and i listened to him and when they all left i told him a much simpler way to do what he wanted to do and he thought about it and said i never thought of that... my thought was oh boy nothing like an engineer to over complicate something as simple as cutting a piece of steel

You can call your self DR. all you want but in the real world of it don't mean jack...unless you have some REAL degrees from a REAL institution not some stuff you got off the net
    All else is your own opinion which also means jack.... in the real world
    Backed my CATMA over your CARMA
    OOP"S clumsy me

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Digital Elite (new)
    Jackson EQC master (old)
    Miller Trail Blazer 302 Air Pak
    Spectrum 625 Extreme
    Suitcase 12RC
    Evolution Rage 3 saw
    Victor O/A
    Craftsmen Atlas 12X36 Lathe
    Half a ton of tooling
    Rusty old truck

Quote Originally Posted by killdozerd11 View Post
    Don't let him bug you post what you want ...thicken your skin some

I like seeing pics of things i don't do ..My father did pipe and then he got smart and bought a backhoe and other equipment and quit pipe welding

A procedure is something that is made up by engineers for people to follow
    and if some folk think there smarter than the engineer then they need to march right up to them and tell them there all wrong and why there wrong .
    97% of the time that will get you canned....
    Engineers have a high opinion of themselves too and since the welder has maybe the experience he does not have the college degrees so the welder loses unless something goes wrong then the blame is on the engineer unless he can show the welder didn't follow procedure

I have only talked to a few engineers and some are pretty smart and some have no practical knowledge one that was in my welding class was telling about something he wanted to do and i listened to him and when they all left i told him a much simpler way to do what he wanted to do and he thought about it and said i never thought of that... my thought was oh boy nothing like an engineer to over complicate something as simple as cutting a piece of steel

You can call your self DR. all you want but in the real world of it don't mean jack...unless you have some REAL degrees from a REAL institution not some stuff you got off the net
    All else is your own opinion which also means jack.... in the real world
    Right 100%. You gotta be diplomate when discussing anything with engineers. If you are young and he is old ,good luck. It's all the way you
    expose yourself people. Some people don't want your side, end of story.
    It's better to let others think you are dumb then open mouth and remove all
    doubt.
    We had a guy that kept on telling everyone that he welds like a machine, none better. I told him yea, you are a welding machine. Yep ! We should just lock you up in the gang box with the rest of the machines. Weld yes, layout ability, none, system operation , none, order material and setup , none. Yep, just a welder. Round and round we go. Point, I weld ! End of story. He was a **** of a welder. I know he had trouble reading the thing with the numbers and lines on it too. Yea, a rule.

Keep pictures of work coming. It is nice to see what type of work is being done around the world. Dont worry about what people say. Nice work.

Thumbs up pics from work

Thanks for the pics hotrod. We all gain when guys like you show us how you work. Keep the post coming!