Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Few pics from work

pipe 1.jpg
    Cap on a 8" carbon sch. 40 steam line. 1/8" 6010 root,3/32" 7018 fill and cap
    pipe 2.jpg
    Same line about to fly up in pipe bridge
    IMAG0108.jpg
    Root pass
    IMAG0034.jpg
    36" header with 18: branch 316 SS bout 80 feet in air
    Miller AEAD-200LE
    Lincoln AC/DC tombstone
    Victor OC\AC flaming tomahawk
    Metabo's

nice work, very nice penetration.
    Cheers

It looks like it was rolled or in quarters so why did you use 3/32? Even if I did it in position I would have used5/32 root 1/8 to fill cap ..... But since it was a steam line I probably would have just filled it right under flush with 6010 then slicked on an 1/8 cap

Quote Originally Posted by drpipe View Post
    It looks like it was rolled or in quarters so why did you use 3/32? Even if I did it in position I would have used5/32 root 1/8 to fill cap ..... But since it was a steam line I probably would have just filled it right under flush with 6010 then slicked on an 1/8 cap
    Its called Procedures and we have to follow them.
    Miller AEAD-200LE
    Lincoln AC/DC tombstone
    Metabo's

Nice ! I like the umbrella. I stick mine in a 3 leg pipe stand, pull the head and it fits perfect. Is that how you have yours ? Kinda hard to tell. I never leave home '
    without it. Nice view in last pic. Stay safe !

Quote Originally Posted by drpipe View Post
    It's called procedures and we have to follow them......... and you sir call yourself a Weldor procedures ha!!!!!$$$ I think the truth is you can't carry the metal bub I have never been told to use a smaller rod on occasion I have been told not to cap with 3/16 ..... Do you listen to engineers too .... I only listen to an engineer if I'm on a train
    And Drpipe strikes again with all of his arrogance and his better that all attitude.One day drpipe some of us will be as good as you think you are. Only you.
    And you wonder why they "censor" your post is beyond me.

For the rest of us that is average.When all welds are to be x-rayed then you are given a welding procedure to follow and if you don't then they will bust you out and send you home.Maybe if I eat my vegatables and get my rest then I might be half as good as drpipe
    Miller AEAD-200LE
    Lincoln AC/DC tombstone
    Metabo's

Looks good, at least it seems to be a clean place to work.

Well, in my neck of the woods we do the same. Normally 8'' and down all guys
    prefer 1/8'' root 6010, and cap 3/32 7018. Everybody's different but procedures
    are procedures. Sometimes it is not our choice. We are here to paint and not pick the colors.

Ahhh don't hate ... I just call em like I see them ... I just don't believe the procedure stated to cap with 3/32 if it was a high pressure hydrocarbon line I'm guessing they would have wanted to see a two bead cap I just think you like most welders play the game and burn your small rod I would have made that weld in 30?minutes and that includes fit up and ringing my weld
    Last edited by drpipe; 07-02-2012 at 03:19 PM.

I honestly felt sorry for you when you were crying on your censored rant,until now I know the mods were right on target.I posted a pic from work and now you(and only you) came out saying how crappy everyone's weld is except yours and only you and your goldenarm can perform to the standerds.I do know that when this board dries up and no one will post pics or anything about welding on the forum because of wanna be's like you. Then the problem will be addressed as needed.
    Miller AEAD-200LE
    Lincoln AC/DC tombstone
    Metabo's