Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Alberta Journeymans pratical test ?

Fit up is first and always the key.........: if ya are a newbie I am not b. s ing here or bragging ... Now u can take to pieces of pipe cut with a bevel torch machine ..... Or hand torched ...... They don't have to be clean they don't have to be square and you can gap them from tight to a quarter inch and I'll make a flawless weld almost every time... ..... Like I've said many times if you can weld hot and fast and can weld a gap nothing will stop you .

Quote Originally Posted by drpipe View Post
    Fit up is first and always the key.........: if ya are a newbie I am not b. s ing here or bragging ... Now u can take to pieces of pipe cut with a bevel torch machine ..... Or hand torched ...... They don't have to be clean they don't have to be square and you can gap them from tight to a quarter inch and I'll make a flawless weld almost every time... ..... Like I've said many times if you can weld hot and fast and can weld a gap nothing will stop you .
    Where's my shovel,man, I need a shovel.

Default Red Seal is a written test

On glancing through this thread, no one has pointed out the written test involved for a red seal. If I remember correctly an applicant needs about 5000 worked hours to apply to take it. The practical test would be the 6 inch 6010 root, low-hi fill and cap to qualify for an Alberta 'B' Pressure. An example of red seal test questions is given here

http://www.tradesecrets.gov.ab.ca/tr...acticeExam.pdf

You need the red seal to get a B pressure the red seal is theary only i have mine

I have my Red Seal as well took 45 min to write it on the 14th. Not a hard test by any means, although the guy I work with had to write it 3 times. But he is a dummy...

This is my first post on the board.

I am an Alberta B-Pressure weldor. The red seal test is a theory test as someone mentioned but I'm pretty sure there is a practical weld test prerequisite you must pass before you can write. I know I had to but that was a long time ago. Three coupons. I forget the positions involved. One you do with 10 and the other two with 18. If memory serves I think one of the 18 tests is a lap joint (filet) and the other two are groove butt joints.