Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

What we're lacking in Alberta are enough Journeymen! Lots of apprentice's but way too much work(and money) for them to take the necessary time and finish trade school.
    And if I remember correctly, practical was a fillet weld in the F,OH,V and H positions. And this was given in your last year of apprenticeship. You were still required to perform a practical at the end 1st and 2nd year terms along with the theory. A provincial and interprovincial exam is written at the end of your 3rd year to acquire the much coveted "Red Seal". Now, this was how I remember it being done waaay back in '92. Bob.

Default Alberta Journeymans pratical test ?

Red seal. Sounds like some lame stuff to me around here we test ya on pipe 2'' xx in the six g. Then a 4" sch80 8010 all the way out. Then stainless and carbon tig tests 2" sch 80. In six g. Then if they pass in a timely manner we put em on a job we X-ray the first twenty welds 100% shoot it severe. Then if the guy is still around he is considered a journeyman Weldor. Red seal here sounds like a boy scout merit badge Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by drpipe View Post
    Red seal. Sounds like some lame stuff to me around here we test ya on pipe 2'' xx in the six g. Then a 4" sch80 8010 all the way out. Then stainless and carbon tig tests 2" sch 80. In six g. Then if they pass in a timely manner we put em on a job we X-ray the first twenty welds 100% shoot it severe. Then if the guy is still around he is considered a journeyman Weldor. Red seal here sounds like a boy scout merit badge Eh?
    2" XXH 6G is what we re-qualify on every two years, then there's job test on whatever they desire in 6G of course.

But the Red Seal is a national standard, what is there in the US, Huh?

Nothing but quality welders in the us we are born with a stinger in hand and a special diapers that hold welding rod.

Nothing but quality welders in the us we are born with a stinger in hand and a special diapers that hold welding rod.
    lol

Seriously I think both countries are lacking quality journeyman ....: it's a fact there are guys out there everywhere making top money that can't do anything more than burn rod or pull a trigger ..... They can't fit they can't cut anything and what's worse is when your getting paid 32-39 bucks an hour they don't care to learn .... I get pissed weekly that I get paid within a dollar or so an hour the same as Theese wannabes and instead of our helpers wanting to to learn to prep or fetch things they all want to stand there with a dang hood .....: I had enough the other day this punk just watched me all day and when I needed rod or something buffed off he was gone or on the phone ... The last guy I taught tried to get my shop job haaaa! My point is Theese young guys who can't even sweep a floor correctly are chasing that money and don't care about what they learn or who they step on ...... **** now I feel my blood pressure rising hold on I'm gonna go blow a clip of 45inbounds in the back forty or should I just shoot the 454• hee hee I love America

Seriously I think both countries are lacking quality journeyman ....: it's a fact there are guys out there everywhere making top money that can't do anything more than burn rod or pull a trigger ..... They can't fit they can't cut anything and what's worse is when your getting paid 32-39 bucks an hour they don't care to learn .... I get pissed weekly that I get paid within a dollar or so an hour the same as Theese wannabes and instead of our helpers wanting to to learn to prep or fetch things they all want to stand there with a dang hood .....: I had enough the other day this punk just watched me all day and when I needed rod or something buffed off he was gone or on the phone ... The last guy I taught tried to get my shop job haaaa! My point is Theese young guys who can't even sweep a floor correctly are chasing that money and don't care about what they learn or who they step on ...... **** now I feel my blood pressure rising hold on I'm gonna go blow a clip of 45inbounds in the back forty or should I just shoot the 454 hee hee I love America
    I usually take a drive down the highway with no radio.

Yes I drive down the highway also with the radio off I find much easier to concentrate and I get a better grouping on the road signs

Default To Our Canadian Friends...

Please be assured that no responsible American gun owner would ever do such a thing. Not only is it illegal and dangerous, it is downright stupid. Such an act is the product of a drunken and/or diseased mind.

Is he only joking in poor taste? I hope so. But, given the tone of many of his previous posts, many of which have been deleted by the moderators, it may be an open question...

Quote Originally Posted by GilaSlim View Post
    Please be assured that no responsible American gun owner would ever do such a thing. Not only is it illegal and dangerous, it is downright stupid. Such an act is the product of a drunken and/or diseased mind.

Is he only joking in poor taste? I hope so. But, given the tone of many of his previous posts, many of which have been deleted by the moderators, it may be an open question...
    Oh I don't know,, he sounds harmless. The ones I watch out for are the ones who listen to their guns telling them its time to take them out of the locker.
    He's far from that.