Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default miller welding table project

This is my first welding project. I am not certain if I am going to put wheels on it or not since I have this strip stupid tile in the shop about 10 feet wide and in want part of the table on it. Anyways we shall see. This is not going to win any awards but I really like it. I tried to weld that sheet metal instal of just tacking it and it became a mess

But anyhow
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, tack first to avoid metal warping.

Nice and big. That thing must be very heavy - I would put it on wheels. You will end up moving it sooner or later.

I qualified for free Miller table, so it is on the way so I will pick a different first project. Im using a food cart now and realize the need for a good flat space. The wire rack is just no good and everything wobbles and it is too hard to clamp to round bars.

looking good.

Default wheeels

I decided against wheel for a host of reasons, mainly because i have a strip of like 9 feet of this 2 inch stone title in the shop, and i would have to roll the table off and its like an inch and a 1/4 every time i want it somewhere else..
    Plus i have a shop crane which picks it up no problem.

anyway now i am seriously considering adding a blower to suck out the fumes from the plasma shoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by kweld View Post
    Yes, tack first to avoid metal warping.

Nice and big. That thing must be very heavy - I would put it on wheels. You will end up moving it sooner or later.

I qualified for free Miller table, so it is on the way so I will pick a different first project. Im using a food cart now and realize the need for a good flat space. The wire rack is just no good and everything wobbles and it is too hard to clamp to round bars.

looking good.

Default how do you qualify for a free miller table?

How do you qualify for a free Miller Table?????

looking good.[/QUOTE]

Default miller welding table project

You bet your going to want HARD casters on that table. You will most certainly want to move it @ sometime or another.