Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Welding Instructional Videos

Hi there,

I am trying to put together an online welding project based instructional website/course. That would allow a home enthusiast to become proficient with the skill and be able to make some cool projects. This will be available for a fee with a revenue sharing between the Author and us. Is anybody interested in working with us to make some world best videos to help with production of this video series ?

Zeev Glozman
    zglozman@lfe.com

Quote Originally Posted by zglozman View Post
    Hi there,

I am trying to put together an online welding project based instructional website/course. That would allow a home enthusiast to become proficient with the skill and be able to make some cool projects. This will be available for a fee with a revenue sharing between the Author and us. Is anybody interested in working with us to make some world best videos to help with production of this video series ?

Zeev Glozman
    zglozman@lfe.com
    Not to rain on your parade.... but have you seen how many excellent FREE videos are available on YouTube and other public access sources like WeldingTipsandTricks...???

and dozens of for pay sources....

If you had come up with this Idea maybe five years ago... it might have been a moneymaker.... but today??? lots of competition out there...
    Think that bus may have already left the station......

Not trying to stop you from following this path.... but in order to stand above the herd you really want to make your product truly exceptional in quality and content...
    Last edited by H80N; 06-08-2012 at 12:49 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Default Welding instructional videos

Agree on everything you say, however want to point out a few things:
    1. Free content is designed to drive advertisement clicks, therefore short videos are the easiest money makers. the one that attract the crowd.
    2. There are littler 10s of thousands of people that want to get in, either to make money or just to have something to do, don't know where to start, and a 3 min video is just not going to cut it.

3. It exists in other areas, and so I am looking for that someone who will take a leap of face come up with a few unique things, that will allow for some to get started or just offer a unique idea for a project with a how to that a person can follow and succeed. What we are looking for is a master with a great idea, and also good on camera, reasonably charismatic.

We will do all the rest, including a marketing and an advertisement plan for it, fund the marketing to a reasonable limit.

We will also put in on world class video delivery architecture that will allow users to watch it on any device, make sure the content never gets stolen, as well as provide a flexible billing system to do either rent, buy, or subscribe, there is much more to it.

So waiting to hear from that genuous craftsman

Default Free Video Resources

Zeev,

Looks like H80N hit the nail on the head -- tons of great free video resources on welding. I'm sure you've been to the Miller channel on YouTube (www.youtube.com/millerwelds) where there are 500+ active videos right now, close to 5 million views. Jody at WeldingTipsandTricks.com does a great job with some in-depth technical content. That just scratched the surface.

Perhaps your site can focus on a certain process or application where you have some expertise that hasn't already been covered in the free videos? Good luck with it. Let us know when it goes live.

Miller Welders

Default Youtube Welding...

Most people do not realize that there are about 35,100 welding related videos on YouTube... many in depth and quite detailed .... and FREE... not just the 3 minute promotional teaser videos.. that were mentioned... many are excellent..
    It is a truly amazing resource to share knowledge and educate

take a look

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....0.X6BVbfPD0RI

40+ years ago when I started to learn... none of these resources existed... those seeking to learn today are truly lucky to have this wealth of online technical resources... to persue an education in this field..

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

I think it's all a matter of experience I agree the YouTube content is wonderfully. Anyway I am trying to make my first welding table from miller plans

Yep your a lil to late I have already directed produced and starred in. ( golden arm volumes 1-9). Now here's something I was thinking a live class taught outa a guys shop if you live in a town like mine there is only one place for welding instruction and enrollment is only twice a year I propose a course that would guarantee the new Weldor to pass any pipe or structural test ..... I can tell if someone has was it takes in about three days

Default structural welding

Dr pipe can we connect and talk about it

'' I have already directed produced and starred in. ( golden arm volumes 1-9). ''

Is that the JAMES BOND series ???

Default Golden Arms

Nha sounds more like girls gone wild with a mig gun.

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    '' I have already directed produced and starred in. ( golden arm volumes 1-9). ''

Is that the JAMES BOND series ???