Hey yall!!

So, this is what I've been up to lately, I ran some welds with 6011, 6013, 7014, and 7018:

And then hammered them apart:

Which was actually pretty fun and very stress relieving. My weakest weld was 7014, then 6013, 6011, and 7018. It honestly wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but I was really impressed with how the 7018 held up, considering I ran all these with cheap Hobart electrodes and that 7018 had been sitting out since last winter. What I don't fully understand yet, tho, is the huge difference in the performance of the 70XX electrodes, how one failed so soon and the other held up so well. I know that one is low hydgren, but is that all that made the difference? Hopefully someone can shed a little light on that...

But anyway, hope yall enjoy the video I made this after someone asked me about weld strenght with the different electrodes, and I thought back to last summer to a series of posts made by CEP (although I'm not sure he's on this forum). He's a great welder and did pretty much the same test that I did, so I got his permission to copy his test and made it in video form. If you're reading this, thanks dude